Freddie's Silver Shadow Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Freddie's Silver Shadow « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 904
Posted on Sunday, 16 October, 2005 - 22:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Look what has popped up on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7552598326&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Some bids have been removed. The price has been slashed too: it's now just a miserable £105,102.00, but reached almost £108,000 last night. A $250,000 Shadow indeed.

Someone Wants To Break Free !

Richard Treacy
Grand Master

Post Number: 906
Posted on Monday, 17 October, 2005 - 07:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Oh dear. A fire sale. The price has now crashed to £80,300.00. Too cheap ?? Snap it up. You only have 22 hours and 29 minutes to secure this bargain.

Richard Treacy
Grand Master

Post Number: 907
Posted on Monday, 17 October, 2005 - 18:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

We were told that bids are binding. The bids here are going backwards: now it's down to £60,400. What kind of a mock auction is this ?

Imagine if you sold your house at auction: Price starts at 100, and then the next lowest bidders win. Nuts.

Hurry up: there are only 11 hours left to snare this bargain.

RT.

Robert Wort
Grand Master
Username: robert_wort

Post Number: 249
Posted on Tuesday, 18 October, 2005 - 01:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Surely the first highest bid would count wouldn't it? Or am I missing something?

Richard Treacy
Grand Master

Post Number: 908
Posted on Tuesday, 18 October, 2005 - 01:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Obviously bidders are wriggling away from their obligations.

4 hours to go and it's down to £53,800

Richard Treacy
Grand Master

Post Number: 913
Posted on Sunday, 23 October, 2005 - 00:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

OK, it was passed in. There are many red faces as it was a huge fiasco.

Take note: Ebay is now forced to take action against spoof bidders, the equivalent of our past forum pests. Have a look at the Q&A commentary at the very end of the main Ebay page of the auction. You will need to click on "View all 49 questions" to see the interesting ones.

The whole fiasco could seriously hurt Ebay if they do not manage the miracles achieved by our moderators, and in a hurry.

Do a Google search on "Freddie Mercury Rolls-Royce" and you will see the ridicule heaped on Ebay this time.

Like this forum, Ebay needs by definition to be public, quick, automated, but secure. Moderators, ask Ebay for an on-line job !

RT.

Dick Wood
Experienced User
Username: woody

Post Number: 18
Posted on Friday, 24 March, 2006 - 14:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

You can back out of an ebay bid? I just ended up with a Seraph because no one out bid me as I had hoped. Incredible deal, great car but I would have rather not bought this one right now.