Import Mk6 Bentley to Australia Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Import Mk6 Bentley to Australia « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mark Taxis
Yet to post message
Username: mark_taxis

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, 24 April, 2007 - 20:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am going through the process of importing a 1951 Mk6 Special Bentley. I have all the permits and the freight booked.
When it gets to Aus it has to undergo a compliance inspection. Does anyone know what this involves, and what changes may have to be made. The car is being landed in Brisbane and I would be grateful if any one has contact details of a compliance engineer who has knowledge of the regs applicable to a car of this age.
Rgds
Mark Taxis

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 892
Posted on Thursday, 26 April, 2007 - 12:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mark

My first stop would be with Stephen Sparks at NBS Australia 07 38653062.

Mark Taxis
New User
Username: mark_taxis

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, 27 April, 2007 - 04:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Many thanks
I will give him a call when I get home
Rgds
Mark

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 893
Posted on Friday, 27 April, 2007 - 09:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Reminds me of an import into North America. It was 1969 and I was posted to Washington DC and had joined the Chesapeake Region of the RROC. At one very early meet a young couple in conversation who were not members mentioned that they had been offered a 'Mk VI Bentley' as an inheritance from England and did I think they should bring it over. Briefly I said yes.

A couple of months later another meet and there they were with their car. Have a look they said - it is really quite nice. Quite nice!!!!! The car had done about 8000 miles it was utterly immaculate even the tools were still wrapped in oiled paper as was the custom in those days. It was a 1952 model as I recall so it was 17 years old then - a novelty to most Americans. I went home to wash the drool out of my shirt!