I am thinking of developing a hydraul... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » I am thinking of developing a hydraulic system seminar that could travel « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

whunter
Prolific User
Username: whunter

Post Number: 47
Posted on Friday, 28 November, 2003 - 00:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

This is a duplicate post. RE: Technical forum>Miscellaneous.

Hello Everyone
Should I?
Would you be interested in?
Am I wasting my time?

I am thinking of developing a hydraulic system seminar that could travel, like a hands on museum exhibit, for RROC member regions and duplicates for around the world.
The whole thing needs to be simple, safe and small, no larger than a foot locker.
Interesting, odd or expensive personal stories from members willing to share in detail.
Pictures are always nice.

Need a supply of USED flex brake lines, more is better, all will be demolished sooner, not later, year and model don't matter.

#1. Want to cut up some for show.
#2. Build small high pressure test stand to explode (box, 1.25 inch thick Plexi/Lexan like in bank) some for show.
#3. Pulsate some to show how they move.
#4. Hope for some restricted or blocked hoses to show the no flow, reduced flow, one-way flow/lockup problem.
#5. Hope to find some severe corrosion of fitting, possible leak.
I have two 1978 crud filled pumps; would you share any internal hydraulic system parts to corroded to save/rebuild?
I would really appreciate a couple of ruptured accumulator diaphrams.
The nastier the parts are, the better they will be for show.
Bloomfield Eurotech
45671 Woodward Avenue
Pontiac, MI 48341
Work Phone 248-334-6400 Fax 248-334-2363
asemastermechanic@juno.com

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 391
Posted on Friday, 04 February, 2005 - 11:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

There have been some interesting recent developments in this area especially by a Norwegian member of the RREC who has developed a computer simulation which can be obtained below. This information is taken from his post on the Swammelstein R-R Silver Shadow Forum and with the author's knowledge.

Gentlemen, A common theme and worry among Shadow owners is the complexity of the hydraulic system. In order to make it more understandable, I have tried to develop a computer model of it. Please feel free to download it (it is for free) from http://www.samag.no/silvershadow/index.htm As there are a number of experts on it on this forum, I would appreciate any comments about it. Have I got it all right? Should the animation be different? For example I have tried to make the fluid "vibrate" to illustrate that there is pressure on. Could that be omitted? Also in order to illustrate that pressure is off, I let the fluid flow a bit backwards up through the system.Any comments is highly appreciated. I will post a message about it on the RREC forum also, and I will be at the RREC Silver Shadow tecnical seminar the last week end in February hoping to demonstrate it to the participants there also. Tord Samdal, Porsgrunn, Norway

I have registered my interest with Tord and will post developments as they occur.

The following link is also useful regarding material selection for brake/hydraulic lines affected by corrosion:

www.copper.org/applications/automotive/931028-automotive-brake-tube.html

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 396
Posted on Saturday, 05 February, 2005 - 08:45:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Re the hydraulic system model referred to above - there have been some problems getting the model to run on computers with less than 512Mb RAM causing the model to either not work or "freeze" the system. Tord has now released a revised version to overcome this problem as below:

"I've now put out an updated version of the hydraulics model on www.samag.no/silvershadow/index.htm giving priority to fixing the ugly performance on less RAMmed machines. I've drastically reduced the number of "bubbles" thereby also reducing the memory requirements,and I believe it moves smoother than the first one also on machines with LOTS of RAM. I have added a legend in the bottom left hand corner plus a few more minor changes. Please continue commenting. I'll give it "attention to detail" until we are all satisfied. (For now I'd better get back to the office work I really was supposed to be doing today...) Tord}