RR Sightings Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » RR Sightings « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robin Hickman
Posted on Sunday, 18 March, 2001 - 14:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am not sure where you reside, but the charming 'Mrs Bradley Mystery' series, shown recently (again?) at 9.30pm on Channel 2 (Melbourne) on Saturday nights, makes her old Rolls almost a feature of each episode.

Kees Scherer
Posted on Sunday, 18 March, 2001 - 14:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

James Bond "A view to a kill" (1985) features a Silver Cloud 1 or 2 during the major part of the film.

markmotte (152.163.194.177)
Posted on Saturday, 24 November, 2001 - 03:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The best use of an RR on screen is the seduction scene in the back seat of a SS I in "Beyond the Valley of the Dolls" (1970ish), perhaps one of the worst movies ever made.

Martin Cutler (203.18.6.104)
Posted on Monday, 09 December, 2002 - 08:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Watched a movie on the ABC last night - James Dean.

Some nice shots of an early 50's Wraith, black guards, red body, plus a few others pulling up outside the movie theatre on premiere night. When James Dean gets into Mr Warners Wraith, he puts his boots up on the back of the front seat. Mr Warners says "hey, get your feet off, thats genuine walnut, cost me $2000 if you scratch it". Jimmy takes his boot of, and puts his socked foot back up on the seat.....

Melissa Reynolds (144.138.102.161)
Posted on Wednesday, 15 January, 2003 - 18:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

RR SC III 1963 was in "The Love Boat" (1980's) when it weighed anchor in a Sydney, Australia special and drove Leslie Neilsen around the sights including the Harbour Bridge.

Larry
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 68.195.74.199
Posted on Saturday, 06 December, 2003 - 11:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

BLOWUP from 1966 with David Hemmings had a nice convertible. I'm not sure of the model. I think it is a custom body on a Cloud III chassis. Anyone know?

The Rolls Royce actually belonged to Jimmy Savile and used to be white but was painted black for the film.

jim.cowin
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 210.84.166.57
Posted on Sunday, 11 July, 2004 - 11:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

i remember a very nice vintage rolls royce, it could have been a 20hp in the english t.v series darlin buds of may. it was in nearly every show and was driven by david.jason who was the star of the show.