Sestrel Compass Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Sestrel Compass « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mark Herbstreit
Frequent User
Username: mark_herbstreit

Post Number: 229
Posted on Sunday, 24 October, 2021 - 21:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

When I purchased my Camargue JRH50085, one of the first things I noticed was a grommet hole in the cover above the rear view mirror. When I got the build sheets for the car there was a couple of pages dedicated to the fitment of a Sestrel car compass.

sestrel3

I suspected the grommet hole was related. I had seen a few Sestrels come up on Auctions sites overseas in the past but never followed it up.

After 14 years, curiosity finally got the better of me and I removed the cover to find a wire hidden behind. It is powered with lights and ignition so concluded it was for night time illumination of the Sestrel.

sestrel1

On the same day of removing the cover I found online a NOS Sestrel still with original box and paperwork.

sestrel 2

I feel a missing piece of the puzzle is now complete.

sestrel4

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 2174
Posted on Sunday, 24 October, 2021 - 23:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

nice job......

Graham Phillips
Frequent User
Username: playtime

Post Number: 442
Posted on Wednesday, 27 October, 2021 - 08:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

G'day everyone,....

WOW, thats interesting,....

Nice job!

Graham.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: