SY or SZ Emergency Bonnet Pull Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » SY or SZ Emergency Bonnet Pull « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 1845
Posted on Wednesday, 02 March, 2016 - 08:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

This thread, entitled Emergency Bonnet Pull, just popped up on rollsroyceforums.com.

Having gone through the nightmare of a broken cable, on another car, I thought this was a very nice idea. One could, of course, also create this as a drop-down style cable, but that would make it far harder to access in case of emergency if you don't have a lift, ramps, or are very flexible to get at wherever you would anchor the pull.

Brian

oldbiker
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 86.113.161.4
Posted on Wednesday, 09 March, 2016 - 07:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mike Vass told me today that my Idea for the emergency bonnet pull had been posted on the Australian forums.Thank you Brian.I am pleased that someone has done this.It is very rewarding to me if anything I suggest is of some help to other members.I have been fortunate in getting good advice and help from others in the past on other car forums,it is very interesting reading.Cheers to all.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2276
Posted on Wednesday, 19 April, 2017 - 04:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bumping this thread secondary to a private message and the fact that the need for, or desire to have, an emergency bonnet pull is somewhat cyclic.

Brian

Mark Luft
Frequent User
Username: bentleyman1993

Post Number: 55
Posted on Wednesday, 19 April, 2017 - 05:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Great re-post, Brian.

Todd Keleske
Experienced User
Username: toddk

Post Number: 21
Posted on Wednesday, 19 April, 2017 - 09:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I found OB's ingenious EB Pull this past weekend.
Will definitely consider installing once I get my bonnet open. Depends on how many skinned knuckles received pulling existing detached cable. Thx everyone !
Todd

Michael Carr
Experienced User
Username: carsie

Post Number: 18
Posted on Thursday, 20 April, 2017 - 00:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

As a young lad of 13yr old I was bored and decided in my infinite (read limited) wisdom that I should adjust the bonnet catch on our Jaguar Mk10.

Needless to say after aforesaid adjustment it wouldn't open.

Well that was the primary problem but it was compounded because a)we were on holiday in Deauville France, b) we were towing a rather large caravan and the Jag needed regular oil and water feeding.

Dad to his credit didn't b****ck me at all but I do remember sitting squirming for several hours drinking juice whilst waiting for the Jag mechanics to open the bonnet back up. I never had the heart (or I was too scared) to tell him they chipped the paint on the edge of the bonnet in getting it open.

Happy Days...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: