Centennary World Tour Video footage Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Centennary World Tour Video footage « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John Wright
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 203.61.65.96
Posted on Wednesday, 14 April, 2004 - 21:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Late last year I arranged for one of the Brisbane TV stations to cover part of the CWT. After discusions with Eric Henderson we agreed that Monday 1st March would be the best opportunity while the CWT cars were staying at the Marriott Hotel, Surfers' Paradise.

A drive past was organised and the cars then pulled into "Pit Lane" of the Indy Car circuit for a photo session. A number of owners were interviewed about their rare or unusual cars at this time.The rest of us had the opportunity to bask in the glorious Queensland sunshine.

I have posted the resulting videos (now in DVD format) to the branch secretaries of the Eastern seaboard states. I have used the DVD format due to its better archival characteristics and ease of postage.The DVD is in two parts; the first being the actual footage screened in the Eastern states on Monday 1st March. The second is some 48 minutes of footage which was taken but not broadcast. RROC(A)Members interested in viewing this footage should contact their local branch secretary.

John Wright
Publicity Officer
RROC (A)Queensland Branch

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 242
Posted on Thursday, 15 April, 2004 - 13:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

John, Great work and look forward to seeing the DVD - we hadn't received our copy as of Tuesday night's meeting.

Congratulations.

Jeanne Eve
Username: jeve

Post Number: 56
Posted on Thursday, 15 April, 2004 - 20:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Many thanks John,
Look forward to seeing the DVD - I did hear that you were producing this.Much appreciated.
Regards, Jeanne

John Wright
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 203.61.64.243
Posted on Friday, 16 April, 2004 - 00:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I posted the DVD's on Tuesday morning to all but the Queensland Secretary. Qld secretary received personal delivery at Tuesday night's executive meeting.
Hopefully all secretaries should have them by Friday at the latest. Please let me know if this is not the case.

John