WINDOW ALL OF A SUDDEN STOPPED - THAN... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » WINDOW ALL OF A SUDDEN STOPPED - THANKFULLY IN UP POSITION. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Michael Leedy
Experienced User
Username: dleedy

Post Number: 35
Posted on Thursday, 09 February, 2017 - 07:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well I finally got a tune up on my 75 Silver Shadow and it is running strong...Changed plugs, rotor, etc...The shakes it was experiencing completely gone...So I was driving it to the office, stopped at the bank to make a deposit and wham, driver's side window stopped working...The driver's side was always fine....passenger side was kind of slow but always worked...I researched and presumed it was the fuse...I had spare fuses in the fuse box but after replacing the driver's side fuse with each one, none worked....Then I took the one from the passenger side, knowing it was good and nothing....Can't get a break....Anyone else experience this and where do I go next? Thank you everyone....

75 SILVER SHADOW CRUISIN

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 1592
Posted on Thursday, 09 February, 2017 - 08:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David

Are you sure the windows thermal cutout hasn't tripped. The fuses may be a red herring. The reset button is on the "ceiling" of the cubby hole beneath the glove box.

Geoff

Jeff Young
Prolific User
Username: jeyjey

Post Number: 300
Posted on Thursday, 09 February, 2017 - 08:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I had this issue twice: both times it was the little micro-switches in the driver's door. The first time it was just corrosion, while the second time the switch actually failed (probably due to being overheated as a result of the earlier corrosion).

It's not to hard to get at them, just prise off the cover plate and then undo the two cheese-head screws holding the trim piece, and then the (4?) cheese-head screws holding the switch assembly in.

Worth a look, anyway. (After checking the thermal cutout, that is.)

Cheers,
Jeff.

David Michael Leedy
Experienced User
Username: dleedy

Post Number: 36
Posted on Thursday, 09 February, 2017 - 22:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

*You guys are really fantastic...Pressed the magical button and fixed the problem instantly!! The most bizarre thing that happened in the longest..What is that button? I didn't know it existed, obviously....Thank g-d for this forum! Not only that, but the rear window which never worked since I owned the car (1/2009) started working perfectly (although a little slow)....I guess from changing the fuse and pressing the magic button...THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 1047
Posted on Friday, 10 February, 2017 - 06:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David,

That's another thing I have learned.

Glad your windows are now working, what a win!

Button in the cubby hole?????

These cars are full of surprises.

I will check this out the moment I get home.

gordon le feuvre
Prolific User
Username: triumph

Post Number: 159
Posted on Friday, 10 February, 2017 - 07:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sometimes these cars are SO frustrating. The only way is to start at page one of owners manual for chassis range and do not stop until last page. You will then still need this fabulous Forum! Have been working on Shadow's since 1966 and still am amazed at what I do NOT know.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: