Some cars I seen at the Auction Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Some cars I seen at the Auction « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

richard george yeaman
Grand Master
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 643
Posted on Friday, 07 October, 2016 - 08:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

A friend phoned me on Tuesday and told me about an Auction tat was being held this evening, There was four cars that I thought you might be interested in knowing about, Lot 1 01/01/2014 Bentley Continental White 19535 miles 6.0 Gt W12 Speed 2 door Coupe sold Provisionally £76,000.00. Lot 4 31 July 2013 Bentley Continental Black 34951 miles GTC 6.0 W12 Speed Convertible sold provisionally £75000.00, Lot 10 Bentley Mulsanne 33641 miles 19/June/2012 wasn't present at the Auction as its suspension had collapsed it was being fixed at Charles Hurst Bentley and was sold Provisionally at £76000.00 Lot 13 1979 Silver Shadow White 40440 miles restored Provisionally Sold £13600 auction Fees 15% Plus Vat. I don't think I would have mentioned the collapsed Suspension and just said the car had been withdrawn,

Richard.

Jeff Young
Prolific User
Username: jeyjey

Post Number: 275
Posted on Friday, 07 October, 2016 - 08:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Wow. Continentals making near-enough the same money as a Mulsanne? I sure know which one I'd want....

Cheers,
Jeff.

Randy Roberson
Grand Master
Username: wascator

Post Number: 699
Posted on Tuesday, 18 October, 2016 - 02:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I attended an auction this weekend: There was a Corniche with truck tires on it and which should have been better cared-for; a 1952 Daimler DB-18 Empress which was quite charming; a 1937 Daimler which had rotten wood and was in generally sad condition; a Citroen 5Cv Trefle which was soooo cute; a 1937 Morgan F4 which was a great buy. These cars, with the possible exception of the Corniche, are quite rare in the USA and these are the first I have seen other than in print.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2260
Posted on Tuesday, 18 October, 2016 - 07:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Randy,

Can you recall the prices paid for these cars?

I am sure the prices would be of interest to us.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: