Special RR/B tools - The Utah Connection Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Special RR/B tools - The Utah Connection « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 576
Posted on Tuesday, 30 August, 2016 - 12:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

When I saw Kelly's tools advertised in the For Sale part of this forum I put my order in for the entire lot that would fit the Camargue and finally they have arrived in Australia and are stored on my table in my outback country lair.

These tools are very reasonably priced and the quality of the tools and the finish on them is superb being more than likely far superior to the original RR/B tools which are always accompanied by a loon expensive price. Kelly has really given Crewe a savage crew cut here.

There is nothing worse when working on this Marque than totally buggering a good part because you don't have there correct tool for the job. The cylinder liner puller he made for me is a real brute.

Most of the special sockets are fabricated from stainless for ball joints to brake pumps. For an outlay of approximately two thousand AUD its great piece of mind to know I now have everything apart from the parts to get the Camargue back on the road.

Kelly Opfar
Prolific User
Username: kelly_opfar

Post Number: 108
Posted on Tuesday, 30 August, 2016 - 13:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks for the kind words Vladimir.
Your check's in the mail.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 466
Posted on Tuesday, 30 August, 2016 - 19:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Congratulations Vlad.
Great match you two guys.

ross kowalski
Prolific User
Username: cdfpw

Post Number: 107
Posted on Wednesday, 31 August, 2016 - 13:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vlad,

Take a picture of the tools unless there is one on the forum somewhere. I would love to see them.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2185
Posted on Wednesday, 31 August, 2016 - 21:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ross,

Your wish has been granted - view and admire:

http://au.rrforums.net/forum/messages/31/21163.html?1467426441

ross kowalski
Prolific User
Username: cdfpw

Post Number: 110
Posted on Wednesday, 31 August, 2016 - 22:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David,

Thanks

Kelly,

VERY nice

Martin Webster
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 203.127.152.6
Posted on Wednesday, 31 August, 2016 - 22:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Kelly, If this message is approved by the moderator, would you be able to manufacture the Valve Assembly Holder RF 5214 for the Bentley MK VI and possibly e mail me with the details. I can collect it in the USA . Many thanks to you and David Gore.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Kelly Opfar
Prolific User

Post Number: 109
Posted on Thursday, 01 September, 2016 - 05:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Martin, according to a Google search, this is RF5214
Mrk VI valve holding tool
I can certainly make this but as I've never even seen a Mk VI, I'd need a little more information.
I designed the tools I have for sale out of necessity to work on my own Shadow.
If you could provide a drawing, with thread specifications, or an actual tool to copy, we could go from there. I suppose if you had access to a tool you wouldn't need me though.
Kelly

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 579
Posted on Thursday, 01 September, 2016 - 10:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I suspect this tool goes into the spark plug hole and holds the valve up so one can attach the valve spring retainers. So you would need the spark plug thread size the angle of the spark plugs etc. A curly one for you Kelly. Info may be in the forums library.

Martin Webster
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, 01 September, 2016 - 16:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Kelly and Vladamir, I don't have any dimensions as the only depiction are either photos as above or the drawings in the list of parts. Vladamir is quite correct about the spark plug threads etc. But as the 90degree bend is there to support the inlet valve I don't think that dimension is overly critical.

Jim Walters
Frequent User
Username: jim_walters

Post Number: 91
Posted on Friday, 02 September, 2016 - 03:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have one of those valve holding tools and you're welcome to borrow it to copy Kelly as long as Martin covers the postage.

SRC18015 SRE22493 NAC-05370
www.bristolmotors.com

Kelly Opfar
Prolific User

Post Number: 110
Posted on Friday, 02 September, 2016 - 13:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks for the generous offer Jim. I will discuss it with Martin and see what we can work out.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2188
Posted on Friday, 02 September, 2016 - 17:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

What a generous and magnificent offer - the members of this forum are incredible when it comes to helping each other in times of need.

I am very proud of you all.

Martin Webster
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, 02 September, 2016 - 19:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Jim that is most kind and I have been in contact with Kelly today to discuss the logistics. I will certainly cover the postal cost. Very many thanks to you and to David as well for his assistance.
Martin

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: