All British Day 2016 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » All British Day 2016 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 469
Posted on Thursday, 01 September, 2016 - 10:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gents,
Please see the link below for the 2106 ABD at Kings School North Parramatta in NSW.
A great day with great weather, and a really good turn out.
The RROC (NSW) had a great roll up, and the cars all looked magnificent.

http://blog.docmong.com/2016/08/2016-british-car-show/?afg31_page_id=13#afg-31

Enjoy

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 470
Posted on Thursday, 01 September, 2016 - 10:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sorry Gents.

Please use this link which will take you to page one.
http://blog.docmong.com/2016/08/2016-british-car-show/?afg31_page_id=1#afg-31

Chris Gillings
Frequent User
Username: chrisg

Post Number: 93
Posted on Thursday, 01 September, 2016 - 12:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Someone needs to invest in a polarising lens filter.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 471
Posted on Thursday, 01 September, 2016 - 12:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

LOL

Yes they do Chris.

Would have helped in some circumstances that's for sure.

ross kowalski
Prolific User
Username: cdfpw

Post Number: 113
Posted on Thursday, 01 September, 2016 - 12:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The polarizing filter will help with the paint but not the flare on the chrome.

What will help with that zone 11 chrome, ... clouds.

Brian Crump
Prolific User
Username: brian_crump

Post Number: 145
Posted on Thursday, 01 September, 2016 - 16:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I don't believe it is appropriate to publicly (or privately) criticise a person who took photos and who so willingly shared them with the RROCA. At the time Bryce lamented he did not have a filter with him. He is not a Club member but it is the owner of many fine cars and is a true gentleman. I asked if we could share his photos and he readily agreed because we have so few photos of the day - so gratuitous criticism is most unfortunate.
Regards,
Brian

michael vass
Prolific User
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 221
Posted on Thursday, 01 September, 2016 - 18:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

If you lived in Britain your happy to see sunshine 😂
Nice cars
Mike

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 473
Posted on Thursday, 01 September, 2016 - 20:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David,
As moderator, I request you to please remove this entire thread.
Chris was not in any way criticising, but offering feedback.
As was I.

Let's try again once it has been removed.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2187
Posted on Friday, 02 September, 2016 - 07:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Pat,

I have carefully considered your suggestion and my current opinion is the thread should remain on the forum.

As a keen photographer myself, I have taken many photos which have not turned out as I expected due to the particular circumstances involved. One of the hardest situations to obtain high quality photos is an open air car show on a bright sunny day as you cannot position each car to get the light angle right and the highly polished reflective surfaces that abound everywhere in the display area create serious difficulties for the photographer with "washing out" of colours, fogging due to glare and shadows due to the surroundings and position of individual cars. All of these effects are shown in the photographs and I certainly do not consider they reflect adversely on the skill and expertise of the photographer whose efforts are constrained by the circumstances involved in the location where the photos are being taken plus the inherent limitations of the camera light measuring and distance sensing facilities in environments involving strong light, difficult light angles and shadowing.

I took Chris Gillings comment as a constructive explanation of one means of overcoming the glare problem but my own experience is that a polarising filter does not handle reflected light all that well as the filter setting needed to minimise the strength of the reflection results in unsatisfactory contrast and colour rendition. Fix one problem and create another.

I am certain Brian's comment about the fact that there are few photographs from the Display is a direct consequence of the problems encountered by photographers on the day when trying to get a satisfactory image. In my case, the photos are representative of the vehicles and are the best that could be achieved for the reasons outlined above.

I thank the photographer for making them available to us for publication and I accept them for what they are; the best available under the circumstances that prevailed on the day. I trust others viewing the photos will be of the same opinion.

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 1388
Posted on Friday, 02 September, 2016 - 08:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I'm just loving the photographs. Slowly working through and am on image 60 of 388. I particularly like the way the photographer has included pics from inside the cars. I'm familiar with a lot of them and it takes me back to when I either owned one or traveled in one. I know up ahead there are pics of jaguar XK150s and Daimler SP250s along with a whole lot of other fabulous cars. It's great viewing and I hope the site is not withdrawn. The whole thing is a credit to Australia.

Geoff

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 474
Posted on Friday, 02 September, 2016 - 08:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you for your comments David, as always well written.
A born moderator you are for sure.

I would just like also to add that the photographs supplied was a true labour of love for the photographer, and getting so many on the day was quite remarkable.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 475
Posted on Friday, 02 September, 2016 - 09:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Since the All British Day was a great day, with great weather, I too will add some images,.
Yes I know, more boring images of SRH12255. but I did also get a few others.

Chris Gillings
Frequent User
Username: chrisg

Post Number: 94
Posted on Friday, 02 September, 2016 - 21:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My photos of the day.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 476
Posted on Saturday, 03 September, 2016 - 00:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Stunningly good images of the day Chris.
You certainly have that Nikon singing now mate.
Well done.

Jeff Young
Prolific User
Username: jeyjey

Post Number: 269
Posted on Saturday, 03 September, 2016 - 01:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Great photos, everyone!

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 477
Posted on Saturday, 03 September, 2016 - 01:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

It was a great day Jeff
A huge range of amazing cars.

Alan Ford
New User
Username: herne13

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, 22 September, 2016 - 22:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Awesome photo's. Thanks for sharing.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 509
Posted on Friday, 23 September, 2016 - 07:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Alan,
It was a top day.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: