Cool Coil Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Cool Coil « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

richard george yeaman
Grand Master
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 460
Posted on Monday, 15 February, 2016 - 20:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

During the course of trying to get my SY1 run the way that one would expect a Rolls Royce to run one of the things I did was to relocate the coil to the inner guard under the washer bottle away from all the heat of the engine. Just thought this was something you might want to try.

Richard.

Bob Reynolds
Grand Master
Username: bobreynolds

Post Number: 358
Posted on Monday, 15 February, 2016 - 21:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

It would certainly make for much easier access.

I didn't realise there was enough room underneath the washer bottle.

Any photos?

I relocated my coil to the original position it was in before the fuel receiver was added. Much easier access, but no temperature advantage.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 462
Posted on Monday, 15 February, 2016 - 22:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Bob if you lift the washer bottle out between it and the cruise control bellows there is enough room to fit the coil sitting horizontally, I will have to learn to do photos.

Richard.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: