Christmas Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Christmas « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Barry Brears
Frequent User
Username: turney_2009

Post Number: 85
Posted on Wednesday, 22 December, 2010 - 17:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Everyone this just to wish all of you a peaceful Christmas and a joyful New Year.Thanks for all your help re my adorable Bentley (tongue in cheek)no she's ok.The new NipponDenso will be fitted and off we go again.

Happy motoring

Barry Brears

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 830
Posted on Wednesday, 22 December, 2010 - 20:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The new NipponDenso will be fitted and off we go again.

Cripes,I wish you luck with your Nippondenso as IMO they do not go the distance like the Lucas built starters.
I have found that faults with the Lucas starter after time is just the fault of the solenoid with rare failings of the roller clutch.
The Lucas motors themselves are bullit proof.
Happy Christmas to all.
Pat L.

Barry Brears
Frequent User
Username: turney_2009

Post Number: 86
Posted on Thursday, 23 December, 2010 - 05:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick,My old Lucas starter according to the Auto Electrician has gone beyond repair the armature is stuffed and the whole thing would have to to be remanufactured ,it was cheaper and quicker to go down the Nippondenso road.Also I hear conflicting reports re the performance of both products so who do I listen to I'm confused.

Barry