Waste of money. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Waste of money. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 94.197.122.89
Posted on Sunday, 19 October, 2014 - 10:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

One of my neighbours has brought a new Caterham super seven. Very fast. He has loads of money.

Another neighbour thinks the money has been wasted and it should have been spent on guide dogs for the blind or something similar. Then suggested that my Shadow is the same.

If the bloke hadn't brought the super seven then nobody would be know about the "spare" money.

And the guys in the factory would maybe not had overtime and extra money.
By buying a product and not leaving the money in a bank cul de sac, he has spread it around so everybody gets a bit.

When I buy bits for my car it keeps someone employed.

Waste of my money maybe but not for commerce. Which pays my pension.

The caterham is a Lotus Super Seven and is very fast. 0-60 in under 4 seconds. The owner has that stare that one's gets from wind blast. He's a Doctor and should know better.

(Message approved by david_gore)

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 1477
Posted on Monday, 20 October, 2014 - 07:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bob,

Your sentiments are mine also - the entire world economy starts with someone spending money whether it be an investment, purchase or donation to charity. If this spending declines; the overall economic activity decreases and someone, somewhere either loses their job or works reduced hours reducing their take-home pay which then reduces their spending and the cycle continues. Conversely, if spending increases, the process is reversed. The management problem is daunting to keep this cycle within acceptable boundaries. The moral problem is for individuals to determine what they are happy with as far as their expenditure is concerned. I always remain cognisant of the facts embodied in the time-honoured phrases "It takes all types to make a world" and "What you lose on the swings, you make on the roundabouts".

"All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" - your friend's actions with regard to the Caterham 7 [and members of this Forum who purchase a R_R/B motor vehicle] is his way of ensuring he leads a balanced life; more power to him and those of a similar bent. I completely understand where he is coming from and the purpose of his decision.

Jan Forrest
Grand Master
Username: got_one

Post Number: 684
Posted on Monday, 20 October, 2014 - 09:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Caterham ... *drool*. Had one a few years ago, but had to sell it as SWMBO wouldn't speak to me until I did. To be fair I really needed 2 - one for each foot (like roller skates). I could 'heel & toe' all 3 pedals at once. The penalty of having feet the size of coal barges!

How I spend my money is my concern and nothing to do with anyone else.

Lately I've been made aware of an elderly ... lady ... on my estate who objects to the new workshop I've erected on my back garden. Despite several sources assuring her that I've got planning permission she has taken it upon herself to 'report' my transgressions to the local council. She can't even see it from her home! Someone is wrong, but I'm buggered if I can say for certain who that might be.

Randy Roberson
Grand Master
Username: wascator

Post Number: 318
Posted on Monday, 20 October, 2014 - 10:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

remember Judas fussed when the perfume was poured on Jesus' feet: he said it should have been sold an given to the poor. Jesus said no. The bible says Judas said it because he was a thief and stealing from the money box, not because he cared about the poor.
Everyone can and should do what they think best with THEIR money, but many people want to control other peoples' money. I think tyranny is a human trait which we need to recognize and struggle against. As you said, people worked in honest productive jobs because that money was spent. The money was made by someone producing something of value to people, also. In the US some politician or other came up with a "luxury tax" on yachts. Poof!: there went almost the entire US yacht industry and the jobs along with it. It did not take long to take away that misbegotten tax.
Anyway, many if not most great works of art were created with the support of wealthy people, and they benefit everyone for the ages.
If you work hard and are enormously productive, thank you!

Bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 94.197.122.90
Posted on Monday, 20 October, 2014 - 10:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have a neighbour who complains about every thing always petitioning about something.

Our local corner shop got taken over by Tesco express. And the neighbour tried to stop it because it's a large company. The shop was horrible now it's airconditioned with lots of variety at reasonable money and it employs six people.
Win win to me. The local authority like it as well because tescos tidy the street up as well.

I see the economy as a money go round. Every transaction has an element of tax some where. As that pound travels around the government eventually gets a pound back which they spend on whatever. Whatever they buy someone earns and pays tax. And so on.

Money is a human construct. My RR is real.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Experienced User
Username: soviet

Post Number: 39
Posted on Monday, 22 December, 2014 - 10:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sir Bob, where exactly do you find these people? First the critical Scot in Scotland then the anti classic car help the Blind twit who has obviously heard Ray Charles a tad too much. Are you making this stuff up ? Bob my best mate is a mad KIA driving Scot/Aussie and when I open the Camargue's door the aroma of the interior hits him in such a way that causes me to wonder if he has just snorted some top quality Colombian naughty power. Then he starts to yabber on about the smell of decadent wealth. I detest the shape of Caterham but of course your RR is quite chipper. Bob, could the blind dog advocate be jealous of the Caterham and the RR because his missus won't let him have a toy or is he just a run of the mill greeny placenta eating loon? What has happened to Britain? Where has she gone? Err Bob RED ALERT the other day I spotted certain types on UTUBE on an English street advocating that Buckingham Palace must be turned into a Mosque and that Elizabeth R must convert along with the rest of us worldwide or else. Now if I had Ozzie Osborne's loot I would fly to UK and offer them a free holiday in Moscow as long as they could continue the carry on there and I would translate their placards into Russian Language. Yes the result would be messy but very fun to observe. Bob I need you to email me on complexengine@yahoo.com.au as I need to request you go an a secret squirrel mission for me. Cheers Vladimir Outback Australia