Any guesses? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Any guesses? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brian Carson
Experienced User
Username: brian_carson

Post Number: 11
Posted on Tuesday, 12 January, 2010 - 13:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Some old photos from my uncles loft. He was always taking photos but cant be sure of the model and specs on these. This may be a bit of fun for some of you so I would appreciate any ideas? My Uncle will consult his dear wife on where they were taken.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

(Message edited by david_gore on 12 January 2010)

Andre Blaize
New User
Username: parkward

Post Number: 10
Posted on Tuesday, 12 January, 2010 - 19:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Top photo is 20/25 GUB53 (Hooper land). The others are cars ;o)

Martin Cutler
Prolific User
Username: martin_cutler

Post Number: 143
Posted on Saturday, 16 January, 2010 - 19:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Wifey doesn't look too happy in the back seat, have they broken down? Maybe they shouldn't have let the bear drive......

Brian Carson
Experienced User
Username: brian_carson

Post Number: 12
Posted on Saturday, 16 January, 2010 - 21:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

No,she doesnt look amused. My uncle tells me in fact they were taken some time in the mid nineties. Aparently there up to a hundred cars off all vintages lined up on the prominade at Felixstowe (Suffock, East Coast) My uncle is not that familiar with the makes but he was certain the car driven by the bear is a Bentley, but Bentley never had cars with those wheels, I thought it might be a Ghost.

Robert Wort
Grand Master
Username: robert_wort

Post Number: 397
Posted on Saturday, 16 January, 2010 - 23:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The bottom car is a Ford Model T
The one 'driven by the bear' is definitely not a Rolls-Royce. The Silver Ghosts (40/50HP)engine had a distinctive two blocks of three cylinders for starters and this engine is clearly a single block.
I'm guessing it's a Crossley

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 1211
Posted on Sunday, 17 January, 2010 - 00:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

What fascinated me were the wooden spoke wheels on the other than RR cars. Who makes these nowadays a wheelright or a cooper? No doubt Bunnings would have something to fit!!

Clifford Donley
Experienced User
Username: flatus

Post Number: 21
Posted on Sunday, 17 January, 2010 - 07:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The post museum at Ft Leavenworth, Kansas has a wonderful collection of wagons and artillery pieces from the United States frontier days.

I was fascinated by the craftsmanship shown in the wheels, and the complexity of them. They were made and repaired by wheelwrights.

It seems reasonable that those craftsmen transitioned into doing wheels for automobiles and other more modern wagons and carriages.