History of Silver Shadow Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » History of Silver Shadow « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alistair Vellenoweth
Yet to post message
Username: mrprem

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, 16 August, 2015 - 22:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello, I am wondering where I might be able to find information on the history of my Shadow. Chassis number SRH 6798, apparently Australian delivered originally. If anyone could help me I would be very appreciative. It would be quite interesting to find out who the original owner was.

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 1576
Posted on Monday, 17 August, 2015 - 00:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Alistair, we need the chassis number which is on the driver's side 'A' pillar , seen when you open the door. Report back!!!!

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 1601
Posted on Monday, 17 August, 2015 - 01:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Alistair,

Download the RR & Bentley Parts, Repair, Restoration & Other Resources Compilation and search for "Build Sheets." Obtaining a set of these from the RREC will give you a treasure trove of information about your car usually including where it was going when it left Crewe.

Brian

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 1725
Posted on Monday, 17 August, 2015 - 08:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bill,

I doubt if SRH6798 will have the "A" pillar marking - do not recall ever seeing one on DRH14434.

I suspect this later marking might have started with the Spirits.

Jan Forrest
Grand Master
Username: got_one

Post Number: 853
Posted on Thursday, 20 August, 2015 - 01:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

If that quoted number comes from the plaque on the left engine side of the front firewall, then it is the chassis number.

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 1577
Posted on Thursday, 20 August, 2015 - 10:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

OK. SRH6798. My earliest record of ownership ( August 1984) was a B Griffiths in Queensland reg number RJ 105. 1999, John and Marie Lee were listed in the NSW Branch as then owners. As to original ownership you definitely need to go to the UK for that detail. I do this quite often by calling them and I can then give them a credit card number over the phone as they do not hold that info!

Alistair Vellenoweth
New User
Username: mrprem

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, 04 September, 2015 - 11:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you everyone, you have been very helpful. I will investigate further and see what I can find.