Bespoke or customised Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Bespoke or customised « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mark David Smith
New User
Username: detroitbrit

Post Number: 8
Posted on Saturday, 08 February, 2014 - 15:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I was pondering (probably more pontificatiing as thas was a discussion between a few beers) whether when we change or "upgrade" our cars , whether this would be considered bespoke enhancements or customising.
Myself I have never been able to resist the urge to change something on every car I have owned . My current 84 Mulsanne , has things lke double din Nav, headrest dvd players, park sensors front and rear, rear vision camera, console mounted shifter , mulliner style stitching to the seats (that diamond pattern) and 20 inch forged wheels .
So is my car bespoke or customised , based on my drinking conversation opinions are divided, so I would like to know yours
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Chris Browne
Prolific User
Username: chrisb

Post Number: 132
Posted on Saturday, 08 February, 2014 - 21:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello,

Bespoke, by definition, means made to order so if the extras were specified by the original first owner and fitted to the car when new, it is bespoke. If enhancements have been added later, that is customising - in my humble opinion!

Kind regards,

Chris