Bentleys and Boats Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Bentleys and Boats « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 3178
Posted on Saturday, 07 February, 2015 - 22:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

This is what we do in Sydney. Spot my Conti R. No grubby fingernails here.

www.spurparts.com.au/crestafireworks.mov

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Prolific User
Username: soviet

Post Number: 110
Posted on Sunday, 08 February, 2015 - 12:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Very very Richard, but what questionable substances were consumed in the making of this epic?

Richard Treacy
Grand Master

Post Number: 3179
Posted on Sunday, 08 February, 2015 - 14:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Strange reply.

If you wish to see substance, turn the telly on this minute to see green Bentleys bashing around Bathurst in the 12-hour.

RT.

Prolific User

Post Number: 112
Posted on Sunday, 08 February, 2015 - 16:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard, four men had a great influence on my life: Keith Richards, Hunter S Thompson, John Cleese and Ozzy Osborne. These are my guiding lights in life with touch of Monty Python. So naturally, all my comments are strange - they are meant to be and I would be sorely disappointed in myself if anybody thought my comments reeked of even a tad of normalcy: For that would mean I would be driving some type of common throw away junk. Bentleys at Bathurst, how long has this been going on. No tv here but I'll see if I can get it on the net.

Prolific User

Post Number: 113
Posted on Sunday, 08 February, 2015 - 17:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Holly Lunacy Richard what are we doing watching this stuff on TV or Laptop. We should be there. Waving the Bentley flag like loons. Is this going to be on next year, if it is we must be there Bathurst has come alive again. Look I have to make a quick trip to Ukraine in August this year only 400 k from the war zone. If I don't get shot I'll shout you the entrance fee and split the fuel cost if I fly to Sydney. We need to do that defineately and also the Isle of Man. Smashing colour on your Bentley by the way. I have to buy a Bentley Richard, its essential.

Richard Treacy
Grand Master

Post Number: 3180
Posted on Sunday, 08 February, 2015 - 17:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Shame that Bentley went from the lead all day to finish fourth in the last lap.

I do hope that you found my video at least partly Pythonesque.

Prolific User

Post Number: 114
Posted on Sunday, 08 February, 2015 - 22:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard I think it was the bit where the parents jump out of the speed boat and left the little girl in it. Defineately Python type behaviour. Personally, Richard even though in my younger years I lived in Woolarah (see I cant even spell the bugger right) and went to school with Maggie Tabberahs daughter and had a vicious crush on Amanda, truly I hate Sydney with a passion because its no longer the 1960s and Paddy's market has gone. And so now I am a hermit, in woop woop with a bloody Camargue. I am serious Richard we need to be track side when the nasty Bentleys run. It would be rude not to. Actually I am penning a communique to Bentley in London to make certain we get passes to the pit next time. Thanks for letting me know about the 12 hour, I thought all was lost. Good to know that we can see some savage machinery going hard because that's what its all about.

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 1560
Posted on Tuesday, 10 February, 2015 - 00:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Between Vlad and Richard I think I have just had my pre-mortam orgasm. missed the broadcast but finally clocked into Utube at Bentleys@Mount Panorama. God the if the finish was any closer they would have issued parking tickets. As you say Vlad what a spectacle. This whole thing is apparently discussed on lemansradio.com but I have not had time to listen yet.

Vlad Mt Panorama is about 3 hours drive from my home in Canberra. I was there some 20 years ago with a friend collecting some memories including those with my old School at Kelso some 2 miles from Bathurst during the war. My cousin took me to the Mountain in 1946 (Ithink when I was 9 years old). They were racing Morris I think. My memory however was a bit shy then but I do recall the drama of extracting a drunk from the latrine trench which he had fallen into, by the fire brigade!

Why has this had no publicity?? GT Bentleys racing and I hear one gained the record circuit time!!!!! The next East OZ Federal Rally should be at Bathurst at Rally time! Yes!!!!!!!

Prolific User

Post Number: 115
Posted on Tuesday, 10 February, 2015 - 09:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bill its like this for years I have looked at Bathurst and thought it was as interesting as watching paint dry, then I give a bit of cheek to Richard and he switches me back on to reality and then I see really interesting cars for the first time in decades smashing it out. I think we need to put together a Bentley support time. As we speak I am penning a letter to Bentley in UK diplomatically requesting pit passes so we can oogle at the finer points and somehow transport ourselves back in time before the nip lost and produced a never ending eyesore upon each and every road in this fine but stolen country. Yeehah

Brian Carson
Experienced User
Username: brian_carson

Post Number: 27
Posted on Tuesday, 17 February, 2015 - 16:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I like your idea Bill. I have never been to Bathurst so that should be brought up at your next Committee meeting.

I was glued to the TV last week with the Bentley leading all the way (almost) only to pushed off the lead by another make of car which no one will ever remember.

Regards
Brian (Qld)

Richard Treacy
Grand Master

Post Number: 3183
Posted on Saturday, 21 February, 2015 - 20:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Of course, Shadows are for wimps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ0u9iRTWyI

Bob UK
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 94.197.120.192
Posted on Sunday, 01 March, 2015 - 06:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Drive a shadow hard in second gear and they go well. Zero to 60 mph is not so good but 20 to 70 is good. A mate was astounded when max out on a steep bendy hill. Back was starting to wiggle coming out of bends. My exhaust has a faint burble which goes urgent. Not silent just enough to let one know engine getting revved. Then heavy braking into a roundabout stop at the lights engine silent. He thought it would be sluggish and not corner that fast.
I am careful at lights because of other cars maybe not sure of where they are. Once clear I sometimes give it well in second for fun and the car likes it.

Try it in turbo and it's much quicker.

70mph is the same in either car speed wise, getting there the fun part.

The brakes on my car never fade despite me doing 10 quick stops from 70 to 10. The steering is late so with a bit of extra skill the shadow will roll but it will steer predictabley on the limit. I had a rear wheel spin up in a corner and the rear wiggle. lift off the power and the car settles, even if all the way off. Feather the pedal and a shadow will corner faster than most think.

I am now going admit that a turbo will do it even better. Almost as well as a MX5, which are the best all round handling sports cars.

(Message approved by david_gore)