Downgraded Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Downgraded « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Geoff Wootton
Frequent User
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 53
Posted on Tuesday, 15 January, 2013 - 02:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hey, I've been downgraded from experienced user to frequent user. What have I done. Guess I will just have to try harder.

Jan Forrest
Grand Master
Username: got_one

Post Number: 427
Posted on Tuesday, 15 January, 2013 - 23:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Could it be that your rating depends on the frequency of posting rather than the absolute number?

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 1471
Posted on Wednesday, 16 January, 2013 - 08:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Geoff - as they used to say somewhere 'you have been warned'!! How exciting. I don't remember a downgrade in the umpteen years I have been here. I did get censored once when I referred to information in my Dyke's Automobile Encylopedia. Enraged I complained indignantly to our administrator who is omnipresent and plenipotentiary. Seems that there was a 95 year old former calathumpian joy person wired into the software that could pickup the slightest suggestion of verbal license! Apparently she was not aware of A.L. Dyke's automotive instructional encyclopaedia. The lady was quickly restrained and since then the system seems to have had its own restraining influence.

It is quite gratifying to see the interest in the Forum and I am sure provides proof positive that owners and enthusiasts of our cars the world over need to be able to share ideas, experiences, et al without having to gain the exclusive membership of any club! Long may this situation remain!

Geoff Wootton
Frequent User

Post Number: 54
Posted on Wednesday, 16 January, 2013 - 08:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bill - thank you for your humourous riposte. It certainly put a beaming smile on my face.

I am pleased to hear that you and hopefully the other moderators find the worldwide interest in the Australian RR Owners Club gratifying. I consider the opening up of your Forums and Technical Library to be an act of altruism. As you say, Long may this situation remain.

Best Regards

Geoff.

Brian Vogel
Prolific User
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 196
Posted on Wednesday, 16 January, 2013 - 09:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Geoff,

Have you actually been downgraded? At one time, way back when, I saw what post counts dropped you into certain categories. The progression of category names didn't match what I would have considered a "logical" progression.

Brian, who would love a refresher pointer to the category designations for these forums

Geoff Wootton
Frequent User

Post Number: 55
Posted on Wednesday, 16 January, 2013 - 11:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Brian

Interesting point, I'd just assumed frequent came before experienced. However, to use a British expression, my original comment was said "tongue in cheek" (not seriously intended). I agree with Bill's comments, the important thing is the discussion.

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 2742
Posted on Wednesday, 16 January, 2013 - 22:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Then again, are we rewarded on how much of others' time we have wasted by posting thousands of opinions ?

Geoff Wootton
Frequent User

Post Number: 56
Posted on Wednesday, 16 January, 2013 - 23:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

All reasoned opinion is valid and never a waste of time. So yes, a person who is regularly contributing to these forums and helping to make them the vibrant discussion boards that they are should be rewarded.

Michael Hicks
Frequent User
Username: bentleyman22

Post Number: 95
Posted on Thursday, 17 January, 2013 - 00:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I was downgraded on the Jaguar Site that was funny he was the Moderator and me use to spend 3 hours a day on line and organised Rally’s
It was over him wrong and Me Correct so as he didn't win he Banned Me For Life Ha Ha

Geoff Wootton
Frequent User

Post Number: 57
Posted on Thursday, 17 January, 2013 - 02:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Their loss. So stupid when someone plays God. Everyone loses.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: