Rough Idle on 1974 Corniche Cabrio Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Threads to 2010 » Rough Idle on 1974 Corniche Cabrio « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rodney Peach
Frequent User
Username: rodney

Post Number: 57
Posted on Sunday, 01 June, 2008 - 17:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi All , I am trying to tune my car up , Timing etc , On idle I could tell it was missing so I took A1 lead off and the engine did not change at all but a good spark,So I tried with all and to my Surprise the same with A4 B3 B2, but when I rev a little or hard sounds well. Looking at firing order A1 B1 A4 B4 B2 A3 B3 A2 , I have one is O.K and one not??? Could this be serious?? Bye the way which four cylinders to A and B bank carburettors feed I know the feed two on each side each but which? The car has been stood for 10 years .I have changed distributor cap ,plugs, the little Su carb filters are missing perhaps they took them out because they were dirty.

Thanks Guys
Regards
Rodney

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 802
Posted on Sunday, 01 June, 2008 - 19:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Rodney,

Your problems have been covered by Bill Coburn in past issues of "Tee One Topics" - the rough idle is most likely a vacuum leak and will require some detective work to find its location.

Rodney Peach
Frequent User
Username: rodney

Post Number: 58
Posted on Sunday, 01 June, 2008 - 19:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply , But I cannot seem to find anything related to rough idle in tee one topics! Do you know how this is listed please? also can a simple vacuum leak make 4 pistons do this?

Regards
Rodney