Shadow starting problems Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Threads to 2010 » Shadow starting problems « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Douglas Majors
Experienced User
Username: rollerman

Post Number: 12
Posted on Sunday, 02 December, 2007 - 10:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello All,
my 1973 Shadow 1 SRH 15571 has an intermittent starting problem.
Sometimes when I try to start the car, after switching the ignition on with the gear selector in park, everything lights up as it should but nothing from the starter motor. No click, no sound at all. Moving the gear selector to neutral does the same. Switch off igniton, try again and the car will start.
I have read about this problem and it's cure somewhere on the forums or in Tee_One topics but cannot for the life of me recall where.
Is there a fault in the ignition switch, starter motor or a cut out switch somewhere?
I am hastily trying to download and read all 68 editions of Tee-One Bill but I promise to write out "I must pay more attention" as many times as is deemed necessary to find a cure for this annoying problem.
Any help woud be greatly appreciated.
Happy motoring,
Doug Majors.
New Zealand.

Jonas TRACHSEL
Experienced User
Username: jonas_trachsel

Post Number: 17
Posted on Monday, 03 December, 2007 - 21:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello Doug
You have two options to find what you are looking for: Tee-One has apart from its 63 issues also an extensive Index to help find the answer for a specific problem.
The second tool is the "Search" function for the message forum. By clever use of keywords you should be able to pinpoint the relevant thread.
Just my two cents worth....
Jonas

Douglas Majors
Experienced User
Username: rollerman

Post Number: 13
Posted on Wednesday, 05 December, 2007 - 08:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Many thanks for the information Jonas,
a few key words typed into the search function yeilded the exact information I was after.
Now to go searching for the fault on the car.
kind regards,
Doug M.