Wheel Alignment Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Threads to 2010 » Wheel Alignment « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nigel A Ralph
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 236.113.84.58.dynamic.qld.chariot.net.au
Posted on Thursday, 18 January, 2007 - 20:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all,
I took my Shadow I SRH 18294 to get a wheel alignment today and the young chap didn't have the foggiest.
Everything had been going OK but I had replaced the flogged out bolt near the exhaust which held the left steering arm to the cross member, and I thought that a minor adjustment to the alignment may have been necessary. The car also had a tendency to gently veer left on a straight stretch of road (which usually cambers left anyway).
I checked through the workshop manual CD from Larry Halpert but could not find any reference to wheel alignment and wheel camber figures.
Can someone please advise where to look (if the figures are in the manual) or simply advise me of the relevent figures please.

(Message approved by david_gore)

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 689
Posted on Friday, 19 January, 2007 - 12:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Nigel,

The Shadow Workshop Manual TSD2476 contains this information in Section H8 - Suspension Settings together with the procedures involved in adjusting these settings. The relevant alignment specifications [after ensuring the ride height is correct] are as follows:

settings

Suggest you download my version of TSD2476 from this site as it has much higher resolution than Larry's version.

Hope this helps

Regards David

Nigel A Ralph
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 109.115.84.58.dynamic.qld.chariot.net.au
Posted on Monday, 22 January, 2007 - 22:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi David
thanks for your reply. I have bought two of Larry's disks in the past (first one self destructed) and now I have found that all the manuals are here on your web page! free for the downloading. Not only that but I have found that Bill has a huge array of documentation in the Technical Library which I had never visited before.
Your site is getting better and better as I discover more about it. Congratulations.

bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: brig-cache-4.server.ntli.net
Posted on Sunday, 28 January, 2007 - 02:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Shadow has 4 independantly sprung corners and the best ( and the only way in my opinion ) is to use lazer type aligning equipment which also does the rear wheels as well.

Susprising the amount of mechanics who think that cars only steer from the front and completely ignore the rear.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 670
Posted on Friday, 16 March, 2007 - 09:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Suprising the folk that adjust the toe in after one reading,the car should be moved forward 180% on the road wheel.
The two readings allow for any slight buckle in the wheels.