The different between shadow I and sh... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Threads to 2010 » The different between shadow I and shadow II « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

james woo
New User
Username: james

Post Number: 4
Posted on Friday, 01 August, 2003 - 11:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi everyone:

I have to ask a stupid question, I am still new to Rolls royce, I am buying a 1973 Silver Shadow with a 6.8L V8 engine, is this model is Shadow I or a Shadow II, what are the main differences between Shadow I and Shadow II, which one of those vehicles is more reliable?

Thanks lot

James
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 89
Posted on Friday, 01 August, 2003 - 13:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

James,

1973 cars are Shadow I version, Shadow II's were an upgraded model which incorporated significant changes to the hydraulic and air-conditioning systems. However R-R made many running changes to both versions during production to incorporate modifications to improve the cars rather than holding off till the new version.

The reliability and condition of both vehicles is entirely determined by regularity of use and the previous owner's attention to preventative maintenance as per the recommended schedule for either version.