Silver hadow colours Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Threads to 2010 » Silver hadow colours « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Graeme Söderlund
Yet to post message
Username: graemeaus

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, 29 June, 2003 - 19:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Advice and help needed, please.

My Shadow I is a rather nice shade of deep blue with very slight metallic finish. According to the sales slip with the car (Sydney Dealer Slip)the car is Peacock Blue! Had the relevent colour mixed last weekend to do some touch up where the gaqrage door attacked the rear mudguard, and find that the paint, mixed according to the Rolls Royce specification, is more green than blue! So, took down the number from the plate on the car, handed the number to the guy at the store to get him to mix up a small batch, only to find the number shown on the car's plate is a coding for white!

Does anyone have details of the colur mix/batch numbers used by Rolls Royce?

The blue of the car is virtually the same colour as the blue at the header to this page with just a hint of metallic in it.

Can anyone offer advice please?

Graeme.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 50
Posted on Monday, 30 June, 2003 - 13:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Graeme,

The ICI paint codes you have for your car will be to the UK BSS standard and not the Australian standard and this is why you cannot get a match as the tints used for each standard are different - there are two solutions to your problem:

1. Get an experienced spray painter to colour match your car and pay him to give you the formulation - if you live near Sutherland Shire in Sydney; I have used Brad at Shirmac Trading P/L, 208 Sylvania Road Miranda NSW 9525 4318 [they are paint suppliers to the trade]. Brad is extremely good at colour matching and usually does not charge if you buy the paint from them - just allow an hour or two of your time on a sunny day to get the job done properly. 500/1000ml samples are not a problem for them. They can supply both 1K [Acrylic] and 2K [two-pack] paint.

2. Spiers Hecker can do the R-R/B colours in 2K [two-pack] formulation only however there are health and safety issues involved with 2K paint if you intend spraying at home. Spiers Hecker were located just down the road from MacMillans in Canada Bay last time I used them several years ago.