Service Plate Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Threads to 2010 » Service Plate « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gordon Norris
Prolific User
Username: crewes_missile

Post Number: 174
Posted on Saturday, 14 May, 2005 - 03:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

This may be a silly question, but what is the function of the "service plate" (picture below) in the boot. My car has a few cryptic characters and numbers scratched into a couple of the boxes on the plate, but I know not why or what they mean. eg/Should I be documenting any recommended service upgrades I do myself on this plate? Any advice or clues??

service plate

GN.

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 766
Posted on Saturday, 14 May, 2005 - 04:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

That's the Shame Plate, where the dealer stamps to register modifications done under safety recall, not for routine improvements or modifications. Mine has a bold stamp RE888, whatever that is. It is not scratched or scribed.

The first ever recall for Rolls-Royce was to correct non-disengagement of the early Silver Shadow II cruise control, the first CC which was electronically controlled on an R-R.

RT.

Larry Halpert
Prolific User
Username: larry_halpert

Post Number: 67
Posted on Sunday, 15 May, 2005 - 12:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Rchard, "RE888" was the recall for cars painted in metallic green as that color slowly emitted an arsenic gas over time.

What color is your car?

Larry

:-)

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 771
Posted on Sunday, 15 May, 2005 - 18:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Brooklands Green (Metallic). Arsenic !!!! Cripes.

RT.

Gordon Norris
Prolific User

Post Number: 180
Posted on Monday, 16 May, 2005 - 00:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard,
Arsenic is a slow heavy-metal poison. Don't worry about it unless, as you age, you find your hair thinning, your joints getting stiffer, and yourself becoming more forgetful...

GN,

Gordon Norris
Prolific User

Post Number: 181
Posted on Monday, 16 May, 2005 - 00:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Apologies for double posting...computer crashed and didn't think post had uploaded.....actually, I'm probably getting forgetful from the arsenic from a green metallic Bentley I followed today...

GN.

Robert Wort
Grand Master
Username: robert_wort

Post Number: 211
Posted on Monday, 16 May, 2005 - 01:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

What was that? Arse...what? What am I doing here. Who are these guys. Hmmm Nice green colour.