Trim interior or interior trim. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Trim interior or interior trim. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 94.197.122.86
Posted on Monday, 11 August, 2014 - 05:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Leather.
Rips are repaired by letting in a another piece using the original stitch holes.This can be done by hand with patience care good lighting and time.
The New bit of leather could be from a old sofa.
leather is painted so using leather paint colour the edges and fit then recolour the whole seat.
Door cards are simple ply with thin foam and leather on top. Easy to make. As is the bits around the rear seat. The leather is softened by water this makes it easier to work. Glue is used to stick the edges to the ply. Time weakens the bond. New glue sometimes because of old glue won't bond. Gaffer tape on the reverse side of a panel to hold the leather down works well.
Carpets.
Coverdale make car carpet sets from £150 to 500. The best for a show car is available or mid range for daily driver. The most convenient set is washable with vinyl piping in marine grade.
Often all the carpet needs is washing and redying to sort out fading. Dylon make a cold water dye which works well the carpets are simply dunked and left for a while and then hang out to dry. Cardinal red dye is excellent for red interours.
Wood.
This is a skill and on the web.
it is knowing how to do it and what method to use. The actual doing is easy and pleasant work. I saw a trick using body filler and felt tip pens. Aerosols of lacquer work well and are very shinny. Build a small table top booth from card board box and 100watt bulb for heat.
Things like head lining are out of my skills knowledge. If it is flat then trim is easy.
The above can turn a scrap interior into a tidy pleasant usable interior at the cheapest price.And if you are really good at it maybe as good as New.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Alan Ford
New User
Username: herne13

Post Number: 6
Posted on Saturday, 24 September, 2016 - 12:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Leather repair and recolour kit? Australia

HI guys, I have looked for an answer via these pages but I didn't find exactly what I require it's no doubt here somewhere.

I have an '86 Bentley Turbo RL, The colour of the exterior paint is "Balmoral green" The seats are (also green but I am not sure which shade) have some leather scuff marks which I would like cleaned up and rejuvenated. Is there a recommended repair and recolour kit available for such a task. I live in rural NSW Australia

michael vass
Prolific User
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 225
Posted on Saturday, 24 September, 2016 - 19:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Bob
Re dying carpet, the carpets are wool and if soaked they shrink?, also will the dye run out of the piping?
Cheers
Mike

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2222
Posted on Saturday, 24 September, 2016 - 21:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Alan,

The leather colouring and rejuvenation products are made by Leatherique:

http://www.leatherique.com/products.html

If you use the Forum SEARCH facility with leatherique as the key word, you will find a large number of posts regarding this product.

For leather not requiring recolouring, I have found Oakwood Leather Dressing to be very effective in rejuvenating hard leather upholstery from lack of attention and ordinary saddle soap for cleaning off grime:

http://www.oakwoodproducts.com/products/equine/view/oakwood-leather-conditioner/#.V-ZgJCRvCnY

Alan Ford
New User
Username: herne13

Post Number: 7
Posted on Sunday, 25 September, 2016 - 01:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello David, thanks for the URL, I had not heard of Leatherique until now. I will do the search, sounds interesting.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: