Silver shadow 1 electric window Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Threads to 2010 » Silver shadow 1 electric window « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

kevin steel
Experienced User
Username: kevin_steel

Post Number: 8
Posted on Tuesday, 02 November, 2004 - 16:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

hello guys
have a problem with my shadow 1 front passenger electric window,it seems to have a mind of its own and on occasions decides to wind down slowly of it own free will,especially when parked and unattended, any suggestions welcome regards kev srh13720

whunter
Prolific User
Username: whunter

Post Number: 84
Posted on Wednesday, 03 November, 2004 - 02:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Remove both front door panels.
Inspect the window switch for corrosion.
Inspect all wires in both doors for short to ground, and melted wire cover.
With great care, after making a diagram, remove one relay at a time, shake it, if you hear any sound from inside, replace it, as corrosion has killed it.
Check wire body ground points for corrosion, clean and repair as needed.

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 413
Posted on Wednesday, 03 November, 2004 - 04:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I don't think it's electrical: probably the window park brake is slipping. You will probably need to remove the motor to check, clean and adjust the window park brake/clutch which mechanically locks the window once the power is removed.

kevin steel
Experienced User

Post Number: 9
Posted on Wednesday, 03 November, 2004 - 11:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

thanks for the advice guys, i will perform the rectification of this window tomorrow as it is my day off work, will keep u posted on how it go's.regards kev

kevin steel
Experienced User

Post Number: 10
Posted on Thursday, 04 November, 2004 - 15:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

g,day guys
had a look at that electric window today and removed motor and cleaned out some corrosion and adusted and tightened a few bolts here and there and seems to be working ok but will have to see if it unwinds by itself over the next week or two. thanks guys for the information regards and happy motoring kev