Resource File Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Resource File « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Clifford Donley
Experienced User
Username: flatus

Post Number: 37
Posted on Thursday, 28 January, 2010 - 01:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I found a wonderful resource file dealing with many of the everyday technical questions faced by people working on their own cars. It has been prepared by Brian Vogel and includes information from many sources in different parts of the world. Here's a link to it:

http://mysite.verizon.net/brian_vogel/RR_Bentley_Resources.pdf

If it is already linked somewhere else, my apologies.

Cliff

Jeffrey McCarthy
Prolific User
Username: jefmac2003

Post Number: 180
Posted on Friday, 29 January, 2010 - 20:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Some useful links on that site. Thankyou.

Yesterday I took the (theoretical) electrical diagram pages for the 1973 onwards specification Silver Shadow from the technical library to a PlanScan shop and had the pages merged into a single continous diagram.

I had it blown up by 250% printed on plotter and laminated. Now I just need to clear some (large) space on the garage wall to hang it.

If anyone would like the merged diagram just email me and I'll pass on the PDF file.

Depending on your eyesight anywhere beyond a 175%
blowup makes for a very readable diagram.

It also pays to ring around the printshops for a reasonable price. I paid AU$70 but that included half an hour of their time putting it together and they were the only shop near my town with a plan printer.

Even if you don't intend to learn how to read it yourself your autoelectrician will appreciate seeing it on the back seat when you drive in and mutter the dread word...."Lucas"

Cheers,

Jeff

Omar M. Shams
Prolific User
Username: omar

Post Number: 109
Posted on Friday, 29 January, 2010 - 20:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Jeff,
If it covers the 1978 and 1979 Wraith IIs then yes please.
many thanks
Omar

Jeffrey McCarthy
Prolific User

Post Number: 181
Posted on Saturday, 30 January, 2010 - 19:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Omar,

Unfortunately it only covers from the 1973 up to the 1975 period Shadow series 1.

The appropriate pages for your vehicle are found here:

http://rrtechnical.info/SY/TSD4200/tsd4200_v.pdf

If you send me your email address I'll send you a copy of mine though. My email address is jefmac2003@yahoo.co.uk

Copy the pages for your car from the above link onto a thumb drive or disk alongside the file I send you, take it to a print shop that has a plotter or a plan printer (almost all of them have Adobe Acrobat so can print from PDF files but check this as well)and tell them you want the same thing done.

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Jeff

Jeffrey McCarthy
Prolific User

Post Number: 182
Posted on Saturday, 30 January, 2010 - 19:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Also, the technical library has the practical wiring diagrams for the Shadow Series 2 but not for the earlier Shadows.

I can't imagine there is a vast difference between the two cars but if anyone out there does have the practical diagram pages for the earlier Shadows I am searching for a copy to do the same thing with it. I'm happy to pay any scanning, copying, mailing costs etc.

I'll also happily donate whatever time etc. is neccessary to put it into a format acceptable for inclusion in the technical library if the librarians think it might be useful.

Unless, of course, someone who knows about such things could advise if the later diagram is just as useful for the earlier cars?

Brian Vogel
Prolific User
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 163
Posted on Thursday, 20 December, 2012 - 08:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I didn't realize that a link had ever been posted to "the resources file" here prior to its taking up residence at what I hope will remain its permanent home on Google Drive.

RR & Bentley Parts, Repair, Restoration & Other Resources Compilation on Google Drive

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 353
Posted on Sunday, 05 May, 2013 - 23:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I'm just giving this a bump to let people know that the resources file is a constantly evolving thing and gets updated as new information becomes available. Last night I received information regarding an alternate coolant temperature sender for the late SY and SZ cars that's easier to source in the U.S. than the VDO alternative.

There have been lots of iterative updates between last December and now.

I see that Martin Cutler is asking about what capacitor that's currently available can be used to replace the distributor capacitor on a Mark VI. That's the sort of info that I collect for inclusion in this document.

Any additions or corrections are always welcome.

Brian

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: