Hooper Limousine Electric Division in... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Threads to 2010 » Hooper Limousine Electric Division in a P111 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ron Cowpe
Posted on Wednesday, 04 July, 2001 - 12:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My P111 is a Hooper limousine, and the division will not operate. If I slave an earth and put power directly to the motor I can get the division to rise and fall, so the mechanism is OK. The motor has three wires, and it looks like one is a common earth (1). Putting 12v to the other two wires (2 and 3) in turn gives me up and down. If use either the front or rear switches, then the control relay clicks, but the division does not move. it also looks as if the motor wires (2 and 3) both get power together, regardless of which direction I select on the control switches. I can't make sense of this, or the operation of the limit switches. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for these units, or know how they are supposed to work? Thanks in advance, it is driving me crazy.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ron cowpe
Posted on Saturday, 07 July, 2001 - 04:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I've sorted it now. Poor insulation in three places on the contol wires gave intermittent faults that I found very confusing. I understand now how it should work. If anyone is interested then e-mail me and I'll explain.