Tool Kit Contents Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Tool Kit Contents « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jeffrey McCarthy
Frequent User
Username: jefmac2003

Post Number: 62
Posted on Friday, 08 August, 2008 - 16:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I've just discovered a very useful thread over at 'Classic Car Parts' which details (among other things) the "correct" contents for toolkits for the various models and years of our marque.

The writer is seeking clarification on a few things as well (King Dick vs Lucas plier dates)so it's possible someone here may be able to enlighten him.

My tool kit is a Spur 81-90 one (not concourse for a '74 Shadow but what can you do...) and I'm missing a tyre tread depth gauge - presumably by Heyco - if anyone has one lying around :-)

Here's the thread - perhaps the administrators might add it to a list of useful sites sometime?

http://classiccarparts-roy.blogspot.com/

Cheers,

Jeff

Jeffrey McCarthy
Grand Master

Post Number: 303
Posted on Monday, 04 June, 2012 - 14:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Just thought I'd revive this thread as I've recently made contact with Roy and his blog(s) have been updated. Here is one photo of the tool kits from 1946 to 1965.
There is also quite a bit of history of such arcana as tail-light configurations and pre-war cigarette lighters !

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 2530
Posted on Tuesday, 05 June, 2012 - 08:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

While you're at it, any idea what is meant to go in this spot in a 1993 Continental R ? It is not the tyre tread gauge which, as you can see, is already there.

RT.

Jeffrey McCarthy
Grand Master

Post Number: 304
Posted on Tuesday, 05 June, 2012 - 08:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes, I actually have this tool kit; I've been told is for an optional hubcap or wheel lock key. I use it for some extra allen keys and screwdriver bits. I've emailed Roy asking if he can confirm this and if he has a picture of the beastie.

Brian Crump
Prolific User
Username: brian_crump

Post Number: 107
Posted on Tuesday, 05 June, 2012 - 19:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My toolkit for the 1993 Spirit II is the same and that space is filled with a plastic fuse-puller, the same as is contained within the fuse box. Maybe correct; maybe not? It's too small for the hubcap tool.
I'd like to know for sure.
Regards,
Brian

Jeffrey McCarthy
Grand Master

Post Number: 305
Posted on Tuesday, 05 June, 2012 - 22:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ah Brian - what does a plastic fuse puller look like? Does it help to stop the bakelite fuse holders from snapping in half? Where on earth would one find one?

Neville Davies
Experienced User
Username: nev_davies

Post Number: 41
Posted on Wednesday, 06 June, 2012 - 00:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard. I've a 93 Bentley and in mine are the keys to release the wheel cover.Also next to the pliers is a 2ba/4ba OE spanner. if you look in the ITEIS there are options for Rolls Royce and Bentley so I guess the casing has provision for both.
Regards Nev

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: