SWII Trivia Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Threads to 2010 » SWII Trivia « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ralph Brooks
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 12.219.241.167
Posted on Monday, 03 May, 2004 - 16:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

1. On my 1980 SWII, there are is a chrome triangle under each wiper arm boss. these turn freely and have no apparent function. They are not in the owner's shop manuals. What are they for?
2. Where do you store the Grey Poupon and at what intervals should it be changed?
Cheers
Ralph
SWII LRL40634

denis
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 152.163.252.194
Posted on Tuesday, 04 May, 2004 - 07:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ralph,
1. I have the same triangles on my 80 shadow II. I believe they are there so people like us would wonder what their purpose in life is, other than to spin freely.
2. Glove box...keep until a thick green fuzz covers everything, then change.

denis '80 Silver Shadow II, AKA The Silver Sled
SRL41534C

Pat Lockyer
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 81.131.181.83
Posted on Wednesday, 05 May, 2004 - 03:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ralph.What a great car you have with all those fittings.
No 1. The chrome triangles are after exhausting testing with concord,are used on Rolls Royce motor cars for auto deicing at speed.

No 2.Grey Poupon has to be changed by its sell by date.
Of course it will keep fresh by the cool box that your SW11 will have.[Krafty]

Bill Cody
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 203.217.45.183
Posted on Wednesday, 05 May, 2004 - 18:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

YOU CHAPS APPEAR TO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT HOW ABOUT LETTING OTHERS WHO MAY NOT IN. WHAT IS POUPON AND WHAT ARE THE TRIANGLES FOR.
BBC

Bill Coburn
Grand Master
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 148
Posted on Wednesday, 05 May, 2004 - 21:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well here is another BBC! Poupon I thought was a mustard but am not sure. The chrome triangles around your wiper shafts as they come through the bulkhead (if that is what you are referring to were a US special. I have never seen them but they are listed as part number UB34697 and were only on the very late Shadow ll's. I think they are only embellishment.

John Dare
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 144.138.194.124
Posted on Thursday, 06 May, 2004 - 18:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Bill; Ive never been very good at geometry (triangles/getting the "angle" right etc.) but am relieved to learn that Grey "Pou-Pon" is merely a harmless mustard of sorts. I feared it may have been akin to APUS (A Particularly Unpleasant Substance)of the kind which one labours to avoid, despite its rampant proliferation in some areas.

Larry
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 68.195.74.199
Posted on Friday, 07 May, 2004 - 18:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I guess you all know, (though it would seem not from the previous posts), that Grey Poupon is a name-brand "Dijon" mustard. They had famous tv commercials here in the US variations of which had the rich rear seat passenger of a classic Rolls opening his window to the wealthy rear passenger of another classic Rolls, asking him if he could spare some Grey Poupon. Whatever image that may convey.

Bill Coburn
Grand Master
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 149
Posted on Friday, 07 May, 2004 - 20:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My God!! Thank you Larry. On precedence Grey Poupon would have to be a hot favourite for the banned list of terms never to be used on this site!

Larry Halpert
Experienced User
Username: larry_halpert

Post Number: 8
Posted on Tuesday, 18 May, 2004 - 19:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I actually do find it an annoyance, (though I'd never let it show), that the most common comment when people say something to me about the car is "Where do you keep the Grey Poupon?", causing me to inwardly cringe. -Always as if they're the first to cleverly come up with that line. :-)
Larry

http://www.wilsonmar.com/sounds/greypoupon.wav

Graeme Söderlund
Prolific User
Username: graemeaus

Post Number: 31
Posted on Wednesday, 19 May, 2004 - 13:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

It sounds to me as though too many TV Commercial Producers in the US have been watching far too many rerun episodes of "Keeping Up Appearances" or "To the Manor Born"!