Surgical Gloves Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Threads to 2010 » Surgical Gloves « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 181
Posted on Sunday, 16 May, 2004 - 08:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

For years I have heard of using surgical gloves when working on our cars, but did not believe that they could possibly provide any feel.

Today I removed and installed the transmission on my Turbo R using surgical gloves. OK, I ruptured 10 pairs, but they are brilliant. Negligible loss of feel, and I didn't really need to clean my hands afterwards. Not even a dirty fingernail !!

Prompted by a post on the RREC site I finally tried them out. I am sold.

RT.

John Dare
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 144.138.194.92
Posted on Sunday, 16 May, 2004 - 12:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I believe that I will try a pair as anything which may help avoid Dermatitis etc.,is worthy of consideration. Any form of personal protection is better than none, the object being prevention rather than the cure.

Martin Taylor
Frequent User
Username: martin_taylor

Post Number: 24
Posted on Monday, 17 May, 2004 - 12:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I've been using them for years, the latex ones seem to last the longest on anything except using brakeclean.
They are about $8 NZ for a box of 100, cheaper and cleaner than hand cleaner and you will still be able to ballroom dance afterwards.