'99 Silver Seraph V-12: Online Shop ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Post-Spirit » '99 Silver Seraph V-12: Online Shop Manual / General Advice « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brian K
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 108.202.11.21
Posted on Saturday, 22 August, 2020 - 01:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gentlemen,

As a longtime owner of several Silver Shadows, and a do-it-yourselfer, I've recently purchased a '99 Silver Seraph from a member of our RR Club. It's immaculately maintained with service history.

As such, I'd like to maintain a high level of service and maintenance on it myself without succumbing to dealer pricing. As it's a VERY rare car in the US (+/- 250 examples imported) there is a dearth of manuals / parts availability/ and support for someone like myself.

I've availed the generosity of this forum many times with shop manuals downloaded for my Silver Shadow. Does anyone have any such link for the Seraph?

I'm also open to any general advice on the ownership of this vehicle, including any "watch out" for areas.

Much obliged,

Brian in San Diego, CA

(Message approved by david_gore)

Richard Greene
Frequent User
Username: benzjag

Post Number: 217
Posted on Saturday, 22 August, 2020 - 14:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Congratulations! I own a 99 Bentley Arnage (sharing the same body as the Seraph). It's been a very nice car, but there is absolutely little to no manuals available or any help from any forum. All parts MUST be ordered from Bentley. The company will not share any schematics or software. I am hoping you will have better luck with Rolls Royce! Honestly, I think of my Bentley Turbo R as a "real" Bentley compared to the Arnage! I'm sure I would feel the same comparing the Seraph to the Shadow!

Richard

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 3083
Posted on Sunday, 23 August, 2020 - 01:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard,

Just as a "by the way," after the RR/Bentley split Bentley was the one "granted ownership" of everything related to the legacy cars up through the Seraph and Arnage eras.

If you have a Seraph, it's still Bentley that holds service responsibility for it and, as you noted, has held hostage all documentation related to same.

I keep hoping that they will do for the IETIS era cars something very similar to what they've done for the earlier eras with regard to the hard copy manuals, which are now available via the Bentley Heritage site. If IETIS is not ultimately released in the same way, or sold at a very reasonable price by Bentley, these cars will become as close to unmaintainable as I can imagine, as it's impossible to do a great many things without the documentation. I'd have been dead in the water untold numbers of times had it not been for the arrangement that the RROC-A had with RR/Bentley with regard to the dissemination of the workshop and parts manuals as well as other documentation for my SY era cars. I'd imagine the same would be true for earlier cars, and the SZs prior to the introduction of IETIS as well.

It's impossible to maintain older cars without reference material, and preferably that which was made when they were new for the dealers.

Brian, who loves the Seraph and Arnage series cars

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: