2002 Azure, SCBZK22EX2CX01073 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Post-Spirit » 2002 Azure, SCBZK22EX2CX01073 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Todd Keleske
Yet to post message
Username: toddk

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, 09 April, 2017 - 04:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello to All, (New to Forum)
I am taking delivery of the above 24,000 mile vehicle next weekend. I've been surfing this forum, and have yet to see any discussions pertaining to my Azure. Are there any other owners of like Bentley's out there. If so perhaps you may shed some light on owning one of these fine automobiles. I am also a member of USA RR & Bentley Forum. All have been very welcoming.

I have learned quite well from the guru's thereof. Any more knowledge is greatly appreciated. This Bentley will be driven as much as possible during Summer month's in The Colorado High Country. Then will take a long Winters nap upon heading to Mexico for 5 + months.

Also, My photo's are too large and am downsizing to post within my profile.

Happy Motoring,
Todd Keleske
Vail and Grand Lake, CO
Along with La Punta, Manzanillo Mexico

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1166
Posted on Sunday, 09 April, 2017 - 04:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Best Cars ever.
You can use them every day - no problems.
I have two of them and love them.
The rear view is crap and the blind spot on the door mirrors is not great.
Other than that - hard to fault these great cars.
The roof uses Mercedes hydraulics and it is really easy to maintain.
Happy motoring.
Omar

richard george yeaman
Grand Master
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 738
Posted on Sunday, 09 April, 2017 - 04:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi todd welcome to the Australian RR forums, I am sure you will fit in somehow with tis mad bunch of individuals.

Richard.

Todd Keleske
New User

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, 09 April, 2017 - 04:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you both, Omar & Richard,

Yesss, I thought I'd purchase an uncomplicated vehicle..Ha Ha , As I am down to 1 Etype and don't have enough to keep my hands dirty. Also have a 1948 triple cockpit 24' Hacker Craft (Similar to a Chris Craft) that demands a bit of time.

Many Thx for your quick response...
Todd

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1167
Posted on Sunday, 09 April, 2017 - 05:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

This is scary....I also have an E Type and a 19' boat (although not as elegant as the Hacker). Don't tell me your wife is also called Joanne????

Todd Keleske
New User

Post Number: 3
Posted on Sunday, 09 April, 2017 - 05:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Had 69 2+2, 70 OTS, both 4 spd's, 86 XJ6. Current...74 OTS 4 Spd V12. ALSO 2 Beasts being late model Escalades.

Ya'a wifes name is Joanne....Only kidding....

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 1342
Posted on Sunday, 09 April, 2017 - 06:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Welcome to the forum Todd

Todd Keleske
New User

Post Number: 4
Posted on Sunday, 09 April, 2017 - 06:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thx Patrick, I am sure I'll be looking for advise on "how to" etc. Much Appreciated ! Todd

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2511
Posted on Sunday, 09 April, 2017 - 08:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Todd,

Welcome to our forum and our cohort of contributing members from all over the world.

We also have an indeterminate number of unregistered "lurkers" who read posts and occasionally post as a guest.

It is good to have another owner of a late model vehicle who is a DIY enthusiast and there are other members similar to you who will appreciate the opportunity to discuss their experiences and mutually share knowledge with you.

Todd Keleske
New User

Post Number: 5
Posted on Sunday, 09 April, 2017 - 08:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you for the warm welcome David . Looking forward to being apart of "The Forum". Todd

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2256
Posted on Sunday, 09 April, 2017 - 09:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Todd,

Welcome. Those owning Azures specifically are "rare as hen's teeth" on virtually any Rolls-Royce and Bentley forum, so any new members who own one of these cars is most welcome. (And that's not to say that others are not, we're just "more common" [and you can take common any way you like].)

I can now officially hate Omar even more intensely than I already had now knowing that he has two Bentley Azures and a new-style Ford Thunderbird convertible in his stable. ;-)

Brian, who isn't averse to certain cast-offs!

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1168
Posted on Sunday, 09 April, 2017 - 13:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Its called brotherly love....
I love my American brother too - he has bailed me out of the poo lots of times - especially with the Thunderbird (outside of this forum). Brian - you are such a treasure.

Through this forum I have met some lovely people. And I have done exactly what i tell my children not to do. "kids - don't ever meet people on line".
When I told my kids that I will be meeting up with some of the guys from the forum in September they gave me a full on lecture!!! and then they figured perhaps old guys meeting is not the same as young people meeting up.

Jeff Young
Grand Master
Username: jeyjey

Post Number: 342
Posted on Sunday, 09 April, 2017 - 19:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

> old guys meeting is not the same as young people meeting up

Ha! So true....

Cheers,
Jeff.

Todd Keleske
New User

Post Number: 6
Posted on Monday, 10 April, 2017 - 04:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well, Well !! Hello again Brian, and Jeff, as you've given me good advise within our RR "B" US Forum. I'm sure that all involved here within know about Brian's adventure driving The Moki Dugway in Utah ?
That assured me of the touring strength of my new ride....Oh, and BTW Brian...Omar mentioned that he does in fact own two Azure's. One to drive and the other for a parts car. Ha Ha .... Happy Spring Time to All....Todd

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2257
Posted on Monday, 10 April, 2017 - 11:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Todd Keleske wrote, in part: Oh, and BTW Brian...Omar mentioned that he does in fact own two Azure's. One to drive and the other for a parts car.

You really know how to twist the knife!!

Brian

Todd Keleske
New User

Post Number: 7
Posted on Monday, 10 April, 2017 - 13:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

All in jest :-) that's always been our " motto" with etype's. Mine, prior to me purchasing was a trailer queen. I buy them to drive as much as possible and enjoy, as I intend to do with my Azure. I'm sure we can agree on that.

Back to Colorado this Friday. Bentley is suppose to show up via enclosed carrier possibly Easter Sunday. Thought long and hard regarding driving it back from W. Palm Beach, however with the weather patterns as they are, scratched that idea.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: