Current Generation Bentley GTC Conver... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Post-Spirit » Current Generation Bentley GTC Convertible/DHC « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2388
Posted on Sunday, 27 August, 2017 - 08:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have come to hate the lack of model badging on the myriad varieties of the current generation Bentley Continental.

We don't spot many of these here in Staunton, VA, but there was one parked on the street here today in navy blue metallic with matching top and saddle tan interior.

The only badging I could find, ignoring the Flying B, was V8S on the lower part of the body very slightly behind the front wheel well.

It also had a chrome grille with matching large "scoop" around the bottom of the front of the car.

I'm just curious as to whether the above is enough to identify exactly what model it is for someone more "in the know" on this era than I am.

I am suspecting that the 'S' might indicate a Speed model, but then again, . . .

Brian

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2389
Posted on Sunday, 27 August, 2017 - 12:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Scratch that last question. I don't know why I didn't just go to the Bentley website, but I didn't.

Who knew that there are now 10 models of "the same model" (as far as I'm concerned).

Bentley Continental Model Line

I had not heard of the V8S until having seen one today.

Brian

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 1463
Posted on Sunday, 27 August, 2017 - 13:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Brian simples just look at through the front windscreen, get the vin number and feed it into your scanner if you have one.
With the options given and corrected ie year, soft top, manual, auto etc etc, the model of the car is then shown.

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 1843
Posted on Wednesday, 30 August, 2017 - 07:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

feed it into Assist:-)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: