Fuel Filter, Fuel Injected Cars Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Fuel Filter, Fuel Injected Cars « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 344
Posted on Thursday, 09 September, 2004 - 02:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have just changed my fuel filter (20,000 series Turbo R).

All injected cars (ie US spec or post-20,000 worldwide) use Crewe part UE74370.

I bought my last one one from Crewe. It is stamped Bosch 0 450 905 601, made in Spain.

I looked it up, and it also suits a Volve 740, 1985-1992.

I am sure any spares outlet will sell them.

The fuel filter is an often forgotten service item.

Not only are they locally available near you, I am sure that they will cost you far less than through Crewe, who have the hassle of handling and shipping them.

Given that the Crewe part is bog standard, this is one I will gladly second-source.

For example, see:

http://www.autopartsauthority.com/qw/volvo_740_fuel~filter~parts.html?sendroicid=43e87423-f648-4b57-936b-c3a5e49606bc&sendroikwd=Volvo+740+Fuel+Filter

Larry Halpert
Frequent User
Username: larry_halpert

Post Number: 13
Posted on Thursday, 09 September, 2004 - 17:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Great post. Just the kind of simple info that is so hard to come by. I was looking into a thermal expansion valve for my '89 Spur A/C, and got prices of $160US from Crewe, but was told it was easy to match up by taking it out & comparing it to the correct $25-$30 dollar one that was used. Turns out I don't need an expansion valve (just have a couple of leaky hoses), so I never got to see (and post) what valve part number was used & for what lower priced car it was also installed in.

What made you decide to change the fuel filter? Mileage? Intuition?

Larry

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 345
Posted on Thursday, 09 September, 2004 - 22:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

According to TSD 6000, fuel filters should be changed every 6 years or 60,000 miles at the majoe D service.

I intended to change mine with the D service (includes all hoses, calipers, spheres etc) I did a few months ago, but the suppliers sent me a cartridge for a carburettor car by mistake, so I put it off.

Given that they only cost $12 in the US, it is cheap protection for the injection systems.

Of course it takes a few cranks to start afterwards as the system only primes when the starter is working if the motor is not running. You can, of course, pull out the starter relay on the bulkhead and turn the key to prime the system, but you will run a slight risk of flooding.

RT.