88Spirit Spark Plugs Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » 88Spirit Spark Plugs « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nigel Coombe
New User
Username: nigel_adelaide

Post Number: 37
Posted on Sunday, 24 November, 2019 - 20:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My 88 Spirit started to idle unevenly after a long club run and having not changed the plugs this was my first step .Went to buy platinum NGK BPR4EVX which I had fitted to my 88 Turbo R years ago but they were not easily available so I contacted NGK and they said they had been replaced by Iridium BPR5EIX which I purchased and fitted and the car has run better and idled smoother than ever before.I checked with NGK about setting the gap and they said dont touch it as preset for the car and it is easy to damage the electrode on the Iridium plugs so fitted as they came . NGK very helpful and these new plugs are outstanding and hope many miles before have to change them again.

Mark Aldridge
Frequent User
Username: mark_aldridge

Post Number: 647
Posted on Sunday, 24 November, 2019 - 21:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Nigel, I have used NGK Iridium plugs in all of my cars for some years now and the results have been excellent. Even on my S1 which has high oil consumption , they are very resistant to fouling. They are a very good choice in my opinion.

Bosch platinum plugs worked very well in a Spirit I had , which used a lot of oil ( now laid to rest I think ). My son rates the Bosch plugs above NGK.

Mark

Nigel Coombe
New User
Username: nigel_adelaide

Post Number: 38
Posted on Monday, 25 November, 2019 - 16:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mark will be sticking to the NGK iridium from now on. When I changed the platinum ones in my Turbo R gave old platinum ones to a friend and he put in his Cloud 2 and said a big difference form old Champion plugs NY14

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: