Silver Spirit II engine management fuse. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Silver Spirit II engine management fuse. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Paul Gandolfi
Yet to post message
Username: paulg

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, 28 January, 2018 - 06:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello everyone.

My name is Paul, and I live in Dade City, Florida. I own a 1992 Silver Spirit II, which has various "issues", one being that it continues to blow the 10A engine management fuse, which is located in the luggage compartment. Interestingly, there seems to be little effect on the engine performance that I can tell.
I have the ASSIST database, but cannot find any circuit diagram or description on the fuse circuit. The only engine management circuit I have found is for a later model, which uses a 25A fuse and has a main ECU relay.

In ASSIST, I have looked through the 90-91 and 92-93 sections, and although the 10A engine management fuse is shown in the fuse list (there are 6 fuses, 4 x 20A and 2 x 10A), there is no link to a specific circuit diagram. The only one I have found is in the 94-96 section, which is of no use.

I have checked the current (amps) draw in the circuit while the car is in gear, with the emergency break applied. The meter shows 4 1/2 amps. So, there is some event, while driving, that causes in excess of 10A to flow.

Performance does not seem to be effected, but I don't drive the car hard, so there might be an effect when driving much faster. I can, though, detect (I think) a very slight change when making and breaking the circuit.
I have sought help in the U.S or British RR forum, but no-one has been able provide any circuit details.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1402
Posted on Thursday, 01 February, 2018 - 03:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Paul,
Are you able to post any photos?
And do you know what activity causes fuse failure to coincide with?
I am intrigued that the engine management fuse is all the way in the back of the car - most unusual location. And the fact that it fails with no effect on performance...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: