1989 Mulsanne S. High beam lights an... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » 1989 Mulsanne S. High beam lights and some external fasters « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Carl Jones
Experienced User
Username: carl888

Post Number: 36
Posted on Sunday, 27 May, 2018 - 16:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Greetings SZ fans. Three questions if I may:

1. Does anyone know a source of the high beam lamps for a 1989 Mulsanne S? My car utilises the Cibie convex lamps. Unfortunately, being a country car and the originals were stone damaged, the existing units were replaced with low beam lenses. I've taken an image from the press kit to illustrate the difference between low and high beam. See image below:

(BTW, if anyone is looking for a spare set of low beam convex lamps in Australia, I bought a spare new set from this seller last week, they were very reasonable:

eBay item: 253271779462

No affiliation, just a happy customer).

Flying Spares list the low beam lamp as a replacement for both the high and low beam lenses so I assume new units are not available.

2. I am looking for 6 of the small Pozidrive self tappers that affix the "B" pillar trim, see image below:

3. I am also looking for 3 of the Pozidrive self tappers that affix the air intake grille to the scuttle, see image below:

I did contact flying spares, but received a hilarious response that since their parts cars sit outside, the fasteners are the first thing to rust away!

Thank you for any suggestions,

Carl.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: