Nolathane Bushes for Turbo R Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Nolathane Bushes for Turbo R « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Peter Maclaren
Experienced User
Username: ludo

Post Number: 27
Posted on Wednesday, 28 September, 2016 - 10:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am looking for advice on getting the suspension and steering bushes progressively replaced on my 1995 Bentley Turbo R. (SCH55635). I recently purchased the car and although very happy with its overall condition I feel the years have taken their toll on the bushes. The roads where we live are quite uneven and potholed and the 'bangs and thumps' coming from under the car detract from the ride quality.

One Jaguar I had some years ago had all its bushes replaced by Nolathane ones and the car felt like new again. I am interested to find out if they would be a suitable replacement for the Bentley or would it be better to have the original type rubber ones installed. I know that the Jaguar bushes are at least 25 years old now and the car is still performing perfectly.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2229
Posted on Thursday, 29 September, 2016 - 08:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Peter,

I have had excellent results from Nolathane bushes on my 4WD Toyota which has a hard life.....

I cannot see any reasons why they should not give the same performance on your Turbo R especially their resistance to oil and grease degradation. My bushes are 12 years old and still as solid as they were when first installed. My annual road worthiness inspector often comments on how smooth and tight the steering is for a vehicle that has done over 300,000km since they were installed at 200,000km.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: