Strange Winds Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Strange Winds « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Edward Mckinley
Experienced User
Username: ed_mckinley

Post Number: 24
Posted on Tuesday, 12 July, 2016 - 23:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

After convincing my wife to take the corniche out topless on our rounds and eventually to a party Sunday night. A typical Chicago day we used both extremes of the climate control. In the heat of the day and the hood down we had and the air conditioner blowing on us and it worked quite well. However, on our way back home at 11 pm we still had the hood down but now the heat blowing full on us fan control set too high high and the temperature rollers set full to red. All was well for about 20 minutes when strangely the warm air stopped and the air conditioner came on full blast for about 30 seconds before returning to heat. This cycle repeated itself for our entire ride home heat blowing for 10 to 20 minutes with the uninvited air-conditioner coming in for 15 to 30 seconds before returning to heat again. Has anyone else seen and or tackled this problem?

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 1577
Posted on Wednesday, 13 July, 2016 - 06:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Edward, it sound like it may be a bad connection somewhere in the temperature sensor chain.

Bit of a tricky one to find if it is. You'll probably need to wiggle all the connections and sensors and listen for changes or get a multimeter and measure resistances and wiggle everything in turn.

Edward Mckinley
Experienced User

Post Number: 25
Posted on Wednesday, 13 July, 2016 - 10:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I thought that would only affect it if I had the fan knob set to automatic not the manual "high" setting

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 1578
Posted on Wednesday, 13 July, 2016 - 18:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

What year is your car?

What do you think it will not affect on high?

I think that they all work pretty much the same.

High and low settings are more like higher and lower. The fan speed will usually still change depending on temperature.

Changing from hot to cold will also often give a pause while the flaps are realigning to their new settings before the fans blast again.

Try it again and manually quickly turn the temp dials to full cold for a second then quickly back to hot.

If your wife hesitates next time you go to take the Corniche i would suggest telling your her that it does that to re set her makeup and tone her skin. Possibly adding how extra beautiful she looked in it. ;)

Let us know if you end up going alone!

Edward Mckinley
Experienced User

Post Number: 26
Posted on Wednesday, 13 July, 2016 - 22:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes I actually tried to pretend I didn't notice the AC coming on hoping she wasn't paying attention! The year is 1989

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: