Fault Diagnoses Manual eBay alert Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Fault Diagnoses Manual eBay alert « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jeff McCarthy
Frequent User
Username: jefmac2003

Post Number: 693
Posted on Wednesday, 31 May, 2023 - 13:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

There is a copy of a Shadow I Fault Diagnoses Manual currently being auctioned in the UK. Link below. Hopefully it'll end up in the hands of someone who'll scan it for our archives;-)

Shadow 1 Fault Diagnosis Manual

Jeff McCarthy
Frequent User

Post Number: 694
Posted on Wednesday, 31 May, 2023 - 13:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Alan Dibley
Frequent User
Username: alsdibley

Post Number: 384
Posted on Wednesday, 31 May, 2023 - 17:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Read the pages on show on the Ebay listing to decide if you find this sort of advice helpful. If you do it's a good buy for a few quid.

But it might be useful to know if you are bidding against someone who is going to scan it and publish it online. (I don't think it is already online ????)

Alan D.

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 2326
Posted on Friday, 02 June, 2023 - 23:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My Brother in Law is bidding on this for me as he lives in the UK. If I get it, I will scan and distribute to anyone interested in it.

Jeff McCarthy
Frequent User

Post Number: 695
Posted on Saturday, 03 June, 2023 - 12:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Geoff :-)

Jim Walters
Frequent User
Username: jim_walters

Post Number: 389
Posted on Tuesday, 06 June, 2023 - 09:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Did you get it Geoff? I watched but didn't bid, would appreciate a copy when you get it scanned.

SRH8505 SRC18015 SRE22493 NAC-05370
www.bristolmotors.com

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 3337
Posted on Tuesday, 06 June, 2023 - 11:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Quick test.

RR SS/Bentley T Fault Diagnosis Manual

Just want to see if this technique allows for insanely long URLs to be presented more tidily. From what I'm seeing in Preview, it does.

Brian

Brian,

How did you do this please - my descent into "old-age short-term amnesia" has started unfortunately.

Now Fixed - correct posting command is TOPURL instead of NEWURL.

Thanks David

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master

Post Number: 2327
Posted on Tuesday, 06 June, 2023 - 14:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Jim

Yes, I got it. It will take about 2 to 3 weeks to arrive here as it first has to be mailed to my Brother in Law in the UK and then on to the US.
As soon as it arrives I will get it scanned and distributed. You will be top of the list along with Jeff and I'm sure Brian would be interested in a copy
as well.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 3339
Posted on Wednesday, 07 June, 2023 - 00:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David,

See your own forum Formatting Page, specifically, the Hyperlinks section, newurl command. I use it all the time to make it clear what clicking through on a link I post will lead you to and to prevent either really long naked URLs or meaningless URL-shortener URLS.

Brian

Thanks Brian for pointing me in the right direction - the designated software command for providing a short connecting link is TOPURL however you have discovered another short cut is possible using the NEWURL command with the addition of the short description at the end of the command.

Another instance of "you are never too old to learn."

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master

Post Number: 2329
Posted on Monday, 03 July, 2023 - 05:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I've finally got the handbook. If anyone wants a copy please PM me with your email address. PM does not allow attachments.

The handbook is TSD 2263. It contains extracts from the drivers handbook and fault tables from the workshop manual, edited together. I'm not sure there is any additional information but worth a copy, I think.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: