CRH7765 MPW 2 door Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » CRH7765 MPW 2 door « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mick Matheson
New User
Username: mickmatheson

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, 08 August, 2021 - 16:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Does anyone know anything about Silver Shadow MPW 2 door CRH7765? I bought it recently but got no history with it, not even the previous owner's name. The joy of auctions. Naturally, I'd like to find out a bit about what it has been doing for the past 50-odd years.

Its chassis number indicates late 1969 but being a MPW it likely left the factory in 1970. It was probably a UK-delivered car, but even that's a best guess. I can see it has had some TLC quite recently, and the auction house suggested a workshop in Melbourne had done some basic work.

Burgundy paint, but can't tell you exactly what it is. Black interior.

And that's all I know. Has anyone come across it before?

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 2156
Posted on Sunday, 08 August, 2021 - 17:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

it appears in this link as a car for sale.
https://praeclarum.rroc.org.au/page.php?pageid=6711

Mick Matheson
New User

Post Number: 3
Posted on Sunday, 08 August, 2021 - 20:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks, Omar!

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 3170
Posted on Monday, 09 August, 2021 - 05:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

You should also find a tag on the inside of the bonnet (if memory serves) that will give you the information regarding the paint and leather colors that it left Crewe with.

I don't know whether the folks at Hunt House in the UK are "back in residence" yet, as things shut down due to Covid, but you could (and if you can't right now, you will eventually be able to get the original build sheets from them.

Download the RR & Bentley Parts, Repair, Restoration & Other Resources Compilation and search on the phrase "build sheets" or the word "testing." This should land you where the info for contacting the RREC about same resides.

Brian

Robert J. Sprauer
Frequent User
Username: wraithman

Post Number: 696
Posted on Monday, 09 August, 2021 - 06:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Usually a tag under the bonnet lid itself above the A/C drier (left front) the size of a playing card with two spaces for the paint number. Two lines if 2 toned from the factory. I have never seen a tag for the leather color. Not many colors were used for the interior. Check Marinus site and match up accordingly.
https://www.rrsilvershadow.com/EIndex.htm

Mick Matheson
New User

Post Number: 6
Posted on Monday, 09 August, 2021 - 09:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The paint tag is missing, unfortunately. Meanwhile, I've started the request to Hunt House for the records.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: