Locked out ! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Locked out ! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Martyn Cruickshank
Yet to post message
Username: martyn_c

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, 22 December, 2019 - 02:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi All,
I have been working on My 1976 Silver Shadow, trying to get the central locking working, I have managed to get three doors working,the final door is seized solid, but I have now managed to get myself locked out of the car, I have 3 master keys and 2 selective keys, that worked, but for some reason the Central locking has gone into lock down, so the keys turn in the lock but the rods just wont lift enough to open the doors, both front doors have the door cards removed.
I tried the plastic strip in the window approach but again the rods can't lift enough so it wouldn't open the doors. before I cause any major damage to the car have any of you a way of breaking into a silver shadow 1 ? I can open the boot with no problems using one of the Master keys.
kind regards
Martyn

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 2149
Posted on Sunday, 22 December, 2019 - 07:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Make sure your outside buttons are all the way out.

It's harder, but use the strap on a rear door.

Good luck.

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 2172
Posted on Tuesday, 24 December, 2019 - 09:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Paul gets it right again.

Martyn has reported on the other forum that he has finally got into the car. Quote "it was then I noticed that the door button was in further than the rest, so I sprayed it with WD40 , and pulled it out further, I pulled on the strap, and the door clicked open"

Martyn Cruickshank
New User
Username: martyn_c

Post Number: 3
Posted on Sunday, 29 December, 2019 - 02:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Paul , finally got in, been looking at the passenger front door lock today, someone had fitted a rear lock instead, that is why the key didn't work on that door, changed the lock, all working fine now
kind regards
Martyn

Mike Thompson
Prolific User
Username: vroomrr

Post Number: 1155
Posted on Sunday, 29 December, 2019 - 10:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

You might want to look at my thread:

1975 Silver Shadow How To Dismantle And Restore

http://au.rrforums.net/forum/messages/17001/35451.html?1575635626

It has lots of tips I (and the others here) have found along the way.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: