Transmission cooler pipe replacement ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Transmission cooler pipe replacement Silver Shadow 11 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User
Username: shadow_11

Post Number: 470
Posted on Tuesday, 02 July, 2019 - 12:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Fellow Enthusiasts, I've just removed the transmission oil cooler metal pipes which were rather difficult to extract. I disconnected both ends and removed the clips holding the pipes to the bodywork. Access to the clips was very awkward and pulling the pipes out wasn't easy, I had to remove the radiator to make room and then pulled the pipes forwards but they were constantly getting obstructed and stuck on the way out. If I replace the pipes in reverse order I anticipate that it will be an almost impossible job due to the restricted space and I'm fearful of damaging the new pipes on installation. I must be looking at the job from the wrong perspective as I don't believe that the designers could have intended the job to be that difficult or perhaps the original pipes were installed prior to the engine & gearbox being fitted. Has anyone found an easy way of doing this using the original style pipework? If I hadn't already purchased replacement pipes I would be seriously considering using flexible hydraulic hose as an alternative but I prefer to stick with originality when possible.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

richard george yeaman
Prolific User
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 1090
Posted on Tuesday, 02 July, 2019 - 19:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Larry I replaced mine about 5 years ago I used copper pipe which I was able to manipulate along the narrow windy way, I dont envy you your job as the original stuff is easy kinked,I am sure you will get some great advicewhen we meet at the weekend.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: