Update on my engine rebuild. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Update on my engine rebuild. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ben Curtis
Frequent User
Username: burgundyben

Post Number: 92
Posted on Saturday, 10 March, 2018 - 17:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Work came to a stop last year due to a house move, I was backed into a corner, so early Feb I shipped the whole job to Nigel Sandell to fit the engine, get the car running and on the road. I drove it home yesterday (never driven a Rolls before!). Seems to be going very well.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 943
Posted on Saturday, 10 March, 2018 - 20:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ben that's great, Happy motoring.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 1862
Posted on Saturday, 10 March, 2018 - 23:45:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Fantastic new Ben.

You will love it.
As Richard said, happy motoring.

Ben Curtis
Frequent User
Username: burgundyben

Post Number: 93
Posted on Sunday, 11 March, 2018 - 02:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I'm trying to post a photo but the file is too big and I don't know how to reduce it.

Now driven about 100 miles, seems to be going very well.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 1863
Posted on Sunday, 11 March, 2018 - 08:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ben,

Reduce the size of the pic to a max of 640 x 480.

You will then be able to up load the pic.
If you are using a tablet, just down load a free re sizer program. The one I have just uses a slider to resize.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1436
Posted on Monday, 12 March, 2018 - 05:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Ben,
one of our regulars and fantastic person - Brian Vogel got me into using Microsoft Paint. A very simple to use program and installed on almost every computer. Use it (search Google for "how to find MSpaint on windows XXXXX"). once you have an image opened in Paint you can change its pixel size to suit the forum.
If you have problems, message me and I will walk you through it.
Thanks
Omar

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 1916
Posted on Monday, 12 March, 2018 - 05:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ben

Here is the link to Brian's original post which gives detailed instructions.

http://au.rrforums.net/forum/messages/30/18341.html

Before doing so check the application you are using to view your pics does not have a resize capability. Check the menus - maybe under view or image. You are looking for a resize option. If you find one resize your photo to 640 480 pixels.

Maxwell Heazlewood
Prolific User
Username: tasbent

Post Number: 156
Posted on Monday, 12 March, 2018 - 09:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Along with W-paint, you can also use
Windows Office Picture Manager which allows you to select the size, crop the photo and change sharpness and tones to improve the shot, I use it for nearly everything...quick and easy.
I use W-Paint for applying descriptions to pics
where you need to describe a part or it's location.

Gary Churnside
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 1.129.106.208
Posted on Friday, 27 July, 2018 - 19:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Reconditioning cylinder heads on 68 Silver Shadow SRH5173. Mechanic has asked the following question.. "We need to know cylinder head heights from cylinder head face to rocker cover face for the Rolls Royce sy series engine."
Any answers?

(Message approved by david_gore)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: