Wipers are still wiping Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Wipers are still wiping « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Stefan Ihnat
Experienced User
Username: stefan87

Post Number: 15
Posted on Tuesday, 12 September, 2017 - 00:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

When I bought a car I did not test the wiper switch.

When I walked through the entire dashboard and changed the bulbs, I also turned the wiper switch.

Since then wipers are still wiping, when is ignition on.

The relay may not be possible when the wiping is normally interrupt.

When I turn right, the wipers wipe faster.

But I never know why will not stop.

Thank you for help.

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 1778
Posted on Tuesday, 12 September, 2017 - 03:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Stefan

The wiper circuit is quite complicated. You will need to study all the available documentation, including the circuit diagrams.

Re: Since then wipers are still wiping, when is ignition on.

The off switch for the wiper motor is situated in the actual wiper motor. It is the one shown by the red arrow in the pic below. This switch has to be adjusted to control the position of the wipers when they are fully parked. If this switch is seized in it's "on" position, the wipers will never stop, even when the dashboard switch is in it's "off" position.

wipers

Geoff

Patrick Francis
Prolific User
Username: jackpot

Post Number: 166
Posted on Tuesday, 12 September, 2017 - 17:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Maybe a stupid comment, but don,t forget that off is one click to the right- fully left is intermittent position!

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 1853
Posted on Tuesday, 12 September, 2017 - 17:45:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

If you 'help' them slightly or wet the screen, do they park then?

Do they seem to stop and reverse / hesitate when you go from on to off?

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User
Username: shadow_11

Post Number: 90
Posted on Wednesday, 13 September, 2017 - 06:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mine are inclined to stop short when switched to off on a dry screen, I presume that is normal but if there's something I can do to rectify it please let me know.

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 1780
Posted on Wednesday, 13 September, 2017 - 07:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Larry

Sounds like this is just due to natural wear on the components - when your wipers come up against the much higher friction of a dry screen the wear is fully taken up and the wipers end up higher than on a wet screen.

To adjust the parking position of the wipers you just loosen the two setscrews and slide the switch to a position where they park perfectly. (See pic above - switch is red arrowed). However, I really wouldn't worry about it if they are generally parking ok.

Geoff

Stefan Ihnat
Experienced User
Username: stefan87

Post Number: 19
Posted on Wednesday, 13 September, 2017 - 22:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you very much Patrick

It really was enough to put the switch in the middle.

I feel embarrassed.

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User
Username: shadow_11

Post Number: 92
Posted on Thursday, 14 September, 2017 - 10:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks for that reassurance Geoff, one less thing for me to tinker with.

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 1517
Posted on Thursday, 14 September, 2017 - 23:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Link the wipers to the washers and live in the UK then one does not have to worry about wipers not turning off. Have a small boy gaffer taped to the bonnet to top up the washer bottle.

My SRH does this sometimes and I just select intermittent then off and the wipers park.

Patrick Francis
Prolific User
Username: jackpot

Post Number: 167
Posted on Sunday, 17 September, 2017 - 07:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Stefan
I am glad it was an easy fix! Happy Rolling!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: