English Delivery V Australian Delivery Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » English Delivery V Australian Delivery « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Patrick Ryan
Prolific User
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 138
Posted on Monday, 02 May, 2016 - 08:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gents,
Just wanted to share some dash & console differences I have noticed with Australian Delivered cars compared to English delivered cars.
Here is a typical Australian delivered car.

Note the shape of the top roll, small speedo and the radio in the lower console behind the ashtray.
Also I have noticed that Australian delivered cars have the covered (vinyl I think) horn button.
Here is my car that was English delivered.
Both are noted as 72 models.

However there must have been a change between these, as the Australian car has the later flat brake/fuel /coolant warning panels where mine has the individual lights.
I just found this interesting, and don't really know why the top roll is so different, and the small speedo for Australia??

Nick Adlam
Experienced User
Username: crewes_control

Post Number: 29
Posted on Monday, 02 May, 2016 - 13:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Pat, how's things?.

The top photo actually looks to be a 1974 or later car, as features the vinyl (cheaper) horn button and small Aussie-spec speedo and updated warning light clusters. Apparently, in 1973 Australian ADR rules required speedos to be a small size so that the entire face was within your central vision!. Silly, yes.

The big elegant original speedo looks much nicer. When I first saw the Aussie speedo, my initial thoughts were that someone had hacked/modified the dash.

Patrick Ryan
Prolific User
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 140
Posted on Monday, 02 May, 2016 - 13:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Nick,
All going well mate, you?

It very well could be, the chap said it was a 72, and I know mine definitely is.

I thought the horn button may have been another dumb ADR thing relating to glare maybe??

I've not really noticed the very round shoulders on the later top roll before until I was doing these images. I was mainly concerned about the speedo.

I will have to check, but I'm pretty sure I can see all of my speedo???

Good excuse for a drive tonight

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: