Air Conditioning issue Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Air Conditioning issue « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kevin Lagden
Prolific User
Username: kevin

Post Number: 111
Posted on Wednesday, 13 January, 2016 - 11:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello fellow enthusiasts.. Normally I have little to worry about on my Shadow, runs perfectly. Today the aircon packed up. Usually when this happens its a tweak of the air-con motor wires and she bursts back into life.
Today however - nothing - Compressor is OK as when in motion and the vents open I still get limited cold air. However both motors seem to have given up.
Tried chasing various wires, looked at fuses etc and all seems good.
What am I missing? any suggestions please.
Thx
Kevin

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 394
Posted on Wednesday, 13 January, 2016 - 12:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well it could be your blower switch has packed it in - you are saying that the fan does not blow when You have it on maxiumum right? Are any of your airconditioning pipes getting frosty?

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 1059
Posted on Wednesday, 13 January, 2016 - 13:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Kevin

Have you checked/replaced the diodes on the fuse panel.

Geoff

Kevin Lagden
Prolific User

Post Number: 112
Posted on Wednesday, 13 January, 2016 - 13:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

No excess frosting on the pipes Vlad and nothing even when on full blow, and the diodes all look ok Geoff, in other words no sign of a breakage on a diode.

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 395
Posted on Wednesday, 13 January, 2016 - 14:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

You need to get a test light to the wire that powers into the switch and then as you move the switch check there is power coming out, if there is power coming out then check the power is getting to the fan motors. If you know how to a use a multimeter you can use that the same way as a test light.

Have you got climate control or pre climate control ac?

Randy Roberson
Grand Master
Username: wascator

Post Number: 606
Posted on Friday, 15 January, 2016 - 11:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mine have eaten the fuse before...

John Kilkenny
Prolific User
Username: john_kilkenny

Post Number: 228
Posted on Friday, 15 January, 2016 - 15:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Kevin,
If you have been able to fix it previously by moving the aircon motor wires it is very likely there is a broken or faulty connection in that area.
Some individual wire tracking may be required.

Kevin Lagden
Prolific User

Post Number: 113
Posted on Thursday, 04 February, 2016 - 13:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I thought I had replied to this. However a broken Earth wire blew the fuse. Found it and now all fixed

Thanks everyone

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: