Hydraulic Pump Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Hydraulic Pump « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Chris Miller
Grand Master
Username: cjm51213

Post Number: 385
Posted on Saturday, 19 September, 2015 - 02:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Folks,

For those of you with the inclination to test your hydraulics, Harbor Freight Tools is having one of their constant sales. I don't know if Harbor Freight has landed on all the remote shores, but if they have, then this is a pretty good deal. The discounted price is $143.99.

I changed the one o-ring to epdm and filled it with brake fluid. Jim Walters built the equivalent from a bottle jack.

Chris.

Hydraulic Kit Discount

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 517
Posted on Saturday, 19 September, 2015 - 06:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thats cheap.

I have used body jacks like these and have successfully pulled bodies back in line.

Last job I did was a B post on a 2CV Dolly. It took about 5 mins. The car was a category C insurance write off. Bargain price.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 357
Posted on Saturday, 19 September, 2015 - 08:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Chris, Bob, Looking at this made me smile and brought back fond memories of a dear friend of mine now deceased. I was giving him a hand to straighten a bent car and we thought we were doing well until we realised that the side of the wooden shed we were working in was being jacked outward and upward lesson learnt the hard way.

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 520
Posted on Saturday, 19 September, 2015 - 11:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Opposite Queen Charlottes hospital Hammersmith London is a workshop. A mechanic was using a roof beam to pull a head of a lorry and bent the beam. Its still bent 60 years later.

A neighbour of mine chained his car to a lamp post to pull the front wing out. He backed up over cooked it and the lamp post fell over.